Where to mount voltmeter?

I LOVE THAT. OMG I wish I lived close to you. I'd pay you to do that in my car. :D
GREAT job.

Yea but even if you traded it or sold it, why screw around with removing it? I'm sure next owner will like it, too. LOL

At first I was going to ask how the heck you were getting 24 volts on your CX-5! Then I read closely that they were only the mockups... (coffee)

I like the finished result. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
So I took the plunge and I install the voltmeter today I ended up installing it on the panel with the Blindspot monitoring and the tire pressure monitoring buttons like I showed in mock up option one earlier in this thread.

58f47eb6ac55a1d3f2667bcc3f99791d.jpg
Originally I thought you could do something similar to this Japanese CX-5:

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMG_0244.PNGIMG_0246.PNG

⋯ but luckily because there’s no buttons on that side it was pretty much just empty space.
That empty space is reserved for manual headlight vertical adjustment in certain countries such as France:

attachment.php

CX-5 Control Buttons - France.jpg

⋯ Originally I used gonna use wire connectors to connect to the terminals on the voltmeter but they took up too much space inside that little module box so I had to just wire them directly to the tabs and put some electrical tape keep them secured.
Have you ever thought about soldering these 2 wires to terminals? That should be a much better way I believe.

If you want remove the voltmeter when you're ready to sell your CX-5, you can always get a new panel (hopefully you can get just the cover without buttons) from Mazda dealer to replace the one with a hole.

Nevertheless very nice work indeed! (cool)

Originally I thought you could do something similar to this Japanese CX-5:

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 218747View attachment 218748

That empty space is reserved for manual headlight vertical adjustment in certain countries such as France:

attachment.php

View attachment 218749

Have you ever thought about soldering these 2 wires to terminals? That should be a much better way I believe.

If you want remove the voltmeter when you're ready to sell your CX-5, you can always get a new panel (hopefully you can get just the cover without buttons) from Mazda dealer to replace the one with a hole.

You can't buy just the panel/cover. It comes as a whole switch assembly which runs around $100.

Back