2.5T turbo for 2018 Mazda6

Mazda has given no indication about putting the turbo in the CX-5 yet. With the diesel still unavailable, I'm sure they're looking into it. Once the CX-5 gets a signature trim, it will most likely have the turbo engine. So far only the CX-9 and the Mazda6 has Signature trims right now. Not sure which car will get a Signature trim next, but unfortunately, I think the Mazda3 will get it first next year over the CX-5.

Mazda has given no indication about putting the turbo in the CX-5 yet. With the diesel still unavailable, I'm sure they're looking into it. Once the CX-5 gets a signature trim, it will most likely have the turbo engine. So far only the CX-9 and the Mazda6 has Signature trims right now. Not sure which car will get a Signature trim next, but unfortunately, I think the Mazda3 will get it first next year over the CX-5.

The Mazda CX-5 sells more than all other Mazda's combined (in North America). They should invest in that car. I think a CX-5 Signature would actually sell more than the diesel version and would easily represent 10-20% of all Mazda's CX-5 sales.

One of the Mazda reps at the Philly Auto Show said the green light has been given for the turbo motor in the CX-5. No other info or time line was given.

I'd really expected something like that would make it to the forums pretty quickly but there's been no word of it from any official channel and it's been about a month. I wonder if it's true or just wishful thinking from the troops.

They should invest in that car. I think a CX-5 Signature would actually sell more than the diesel version and would easily represent 10-20% of all Mazda's CX-5 sales.

Yes I agree. And based on the posts on here, I too believe a turbo CX-5 would sell more than the diesel version, if it ever comes.

I agree. Diesels are taboo in the USA, especially after the VW debacle.

People would be very perceptive to a turbo CX5, just like the CX9 and the Mazda6 will have.

A Signature Edition CX5 with Napa leather and a 310 FT.LB turbo gas engine would attract customers. Man, the CX5 would be a quick CUV with that much torque on hand. Plus towing would be easier.

One of the Mazda reps at the Philly Auto Show said the green light has been given for the turbo motor in the CX-5. No other info or time line was given.

I'd really expected something like that would make it to the forums pretty quickly but there's been no word of it from any official channel and it's been about a month. I wonder if it's true or just wishful thinking from the troops.

Was he the same one that said Android Auto would be out in a few months?
I trust nothing until it rolls off the truck at the local dealer, when it comes to Mazda.

Dave Coleman (uhm)

So with the rumors that the new Miata will have 181 HP from a "tuned" SkyActive 2.0L engine, could Mazda perform a similar mod on the 2.5L engine and get ~210-220 HP out of the 2.5l?

So with the rumors that the new Miata will have 181 HP from a "tuned" SkyActive 2.0L engine, could Mazda perform a similar mod on the 2.5L engine and get ~210-220 HP out of the 2.5l?

That 181 figure could be from Skyactiv-X

No it appears it is a regular sky active 2.0L with a new head and some tuning. An extra 26 hp in a Miata is big. I assume the same things could be done to the 2.5L.

Should have been done to 2.5L when it was updated in 2017.

Back