Had the work done, here are the details:
    Before Photo:

Attachment 218786

After Photo:

Attachment 218785

Work Order Details (French)

Attachment 218784

Translated to English:

CUSTOMER MENTIONS TO CHECK AIR BUBBLE ON LEATHER DRIVER SEAT, VERIFY BOTTOM LEATHER TRIM FROM DRIVER SIDE, IT MAKES A BUBBLE. DID A FLASH TECH NO 65062. ORDER THE LEATHER TRIM AND LEFT FRONT BOTTOM CUSHION. replace buttock leather and foam buttocks. The old one had to be dismounted to put a pin in front so that the leather could hold on the buttocks and transfer a foam to the side of the buttocks.
    Much better now!

So seems like a production issue where they are not putting it together properly causing an air bubble to occur
    Recent Vehicle History:

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2018-)
    '15 Mazda 6 Touring GJ Series II Sedan 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2015-2018)
    '08 Mazda 3 Maxx Sport BK Series II Sedan 2.0L in Champagne (Family)
    '06 GM Holden Calais VZ Series II Sedan 3.6L in Quicksilver (2006-2015)

Registered Member

Mazda cx5 2015 GT

I have 2015 cx5 gt, the leather still looks good after 4 years of use
    This is clearly a manufacturer defect in the new model

Registered Member

CX-5 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    Much better now!

So seems like a production issue where they are not putting it together properly causing an air bubble to occur
    Well, the "bubble" is back. It was good for about a week and it came back. Must be something in the design or the way i sit? Perhaps by butt is too bony and is creating a pressure point that causes the material to stretch (boom01)

Registered Member

2009 M3 GT (White-Hatchback), 2018 CX5 GT AWD (White-Tech Pkg)

Quote Originally Posted by pguindon View Post
    Well, the "bubble" is back. It was good for about a week and it came back. Must be something in the design or the way i sit? Perhaps by butt is too bony and is creating a pressure point that causes the material to stretch (boom01)
    Wow, a week!?! Is it even worth going back to the dealer to go through all that troubles X_X ... *sigh* and I was planning to get mine looked at.

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX5 GT AWD (Eternal Blue) w/ premium package

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that. I'm getting mine fixed in April. I'll report back if the bubble comes back as well.

Registered Member

CX-5 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsniper View Post
    Wow, a week!?! Is it even worth going back to the dealer to go through all that troubles X_X ... *sigh* and I was planning to get mine looked at.
    I've have an appointment with them next week to get by wheels swapped over to my summer tires, i will have them look at it then. But I doubt they will do this a second time..

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

That's no good
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black

Quote Originally Posted by optimisticseok View Post
    I've only had my brand new 2018 CX-5 for a week, and now the driver's seat is already wrinkling and getting pumpy.

Anyone else having same issue soon after about a week?

Thank you.
    My driver seat is at least that bad. I assume it came that way off of the assembly line and Mazda considers that acceptable. It wouldn't have occurred to me that the dealer would take a complaint about that seriously.

Registered Member

2017 CX5 GT FWD

I want to post few pictures of my parchment leather but I don't quite know how to do it. Could one of you give me a tutorial on how to do it on this forum? Thanks in advance.

2018 CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto - Sonic Silver

Mine were puffed up the day I collected it. I reckon they’ll sort it and a TSB will emerge.

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

TSB might appear when more owners complain
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

CX-5 2017

Though I would post an update. My issue came back with the bubble forming on the bottom cushion. My dealership escalated the issue with Mazda Canada and after a couple of visits tot he dealership, they will be replacing the entire bottom section of the seat with a newer production run of the seat where they apparently fixed this issue.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Though I would post an update. My issue came back with the bubble forming on the bottom cushion. My dealership escalated the issue with Mazda Canada and after a couple of visits tot he dealership, they will be replacing the entire bottom section of the seat with a newer production run of the seat where they apparently fixed this issue.
    Maybe it is the pictures but for the life of me, in your before and after pictures, I don't see anything that is that bad. Do you have any more pics?

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow 2018 CX-5 Grand Touring Leather Seat Issue

IMO the risk of replacing only the seat bottom is the grain and pattern of the leather on new seat bottom may be a little different from the leather of the original seat back as each batch of leather will be different most of time.

There’s a TSB for this issue. Hopefully those gen-2 CX-5 owners who dissatisfy the “bubble” leather seat can get the problem resolved based on the TSB under warranty.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    IMO the risk of replacing only the seat bottom is the grain and pattern of the leather on new seat bottom may be a little different from the leather of the original seat back as each batch of leather will be different most of time.

There*s a TSB for this issue. Hopefully those gen-2 CX-5 owners who dissatisfy the *bubble* leather seat can get the problem resolved based on the TSB under warranty.
    The current TSB acknowledges the issue, but says there is no fix yet, but there should be one in 30-90 days. That was dated May.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567