Have you Felt your Lane Assist System

twoshey

:
CX-9 GT
I have a 2018 GT and have yet to feel the LAS (Lane Assist System) pull me back toward center lane, like the book says. I do feel the LDW (Lane Departure Warning) but have never noticed the car getting pulled toward center lane. Have any of you felt or noticed the car tug or pull you back? I'm starting to wonder if its working or not.

I'm assuming that means you feels the buzz in the steering wheel?

There is a separate setting that needs to be activated in the preferences, I think it's called "intervention" or something.

It does nudge the car back away from the lane edge, but it's not much. Certainly not something that I would trust to keep the car in the lane.

I have a 2018 Sig and I can feel it just fine. The steering wheel will vibrate (LDW) and nudge me (very subtly) back toward centre(LKAS), and the HUD displays a flashing yellow line to show that I was in danger of crossing over. It does not bring me back to the centre of the lane, but nudges the vehicle in the right direction. Its really only enough to alert me and keep me from continuing into the next lane. I think if I kept my hands off of the wheel, LKAS would nudge the car in the right direction, but depending on the road's grade, the car might just continue to veer into the next lane eventually.

If you're not feeling the car being nudged back, I would take it to the dealership to show the issue to a mechanic and have them investigate.

Yes it’s more of a nudge as I’ve read. Very different from other systems we test drove that would actively steer the car between the lines. The Volvo XC90 system was my favorite, but it was the most expensive on our list, so it should’ve been!

I also love the Volvo Pilot Assist - but it's too pricey - but for 2018 the Nissan Rogue as ProPilot Assist available - very less expensive than a Volvo - (and judging from YouTube videos - maybe as good or better)!

Back