2018 cx-9

Definitely worth it if opening the door into a wall or another car is a frequent occurrence. Personally I'm not a fan, but its just because I don't like the look of them installed. Black ones might look ok on a black car.

Examples:
06_Mazda5_DrEdgeGrds.jpg

33956d1298763146-accidentally-chipped-drivers-side-door-edge-get-door-edge-guards-guards-001.jpg

If anything, I would suggest getting the clear vinyl ones as they will look more inconspicuous.

Definitely worth it if opening the door into a wall or another car is a frequent occurrence. Personally I'm not a fan, but its just because I don't like the look of them installed. Black ones might look ok on a black car.

Examples:
06_Mazda5_DrEdgeGrds.jpg

33956d1298763146-accidentally-chipped-drivers-side-door-edge-get-door-edge-guards-guards-001.jpg

If anything, I would suggest getting the clear vinyl ones as they will look more inconspicuous.

Thanks! I'm in between something more robust like these or the clear vinyl. I have a machine grey Cx-9 so not sure if the black onew would look bad.

Thanks! I'm in between something more robust like these or the clear vinyl. I have a machine grey Cx-9 so not sure if the black onew would look bad.

You can test the look if you've got some black electrical tape. Just put it on like you would the edge guard, and if you don't like it you can peel it off.

Why do you need something more "robust" than the clear vinyl? It should be more than enough to prevent minor scratches from accidental door swing dings.

Sounds like this is just a band-aid fix to an underlying problem lol. In that case, I'd go with the thicker stuff until they learn how to open doors without hitting anything :p

Back