Strange gas issue...need help

I drove my car down to 1/4 tank and everything seems to be working well.
I guess my baffles are working because I did a bunch of left and right turns and no stalling.
I'm gonna take it down to when the fuel light comes on to make sure everything is working properly.

My aftermarket tank is a Spectra Premium, if anyone needs to replace a fuel tank.

I drove my car until the fuel light came on today and noticed nothing wrong or any stumbling/stalling.
I'm happy with my aftermarket gas tank and glad I spent the extra $85 on what appears to be a better built tank.

I still can't comprehend this "rust" you're always talking about. I'll try and take a picture underneath my car, but there isn't a speck of rust anywhere on it. Plenty of mud, some dandelions, sticks shoved where they probably shouldn't be lol but none of this "rust".

When I got it there was a little surface rust between the roof rack and the door in that little ~2 inch space where the previous owner had a bike rack or something and it rubbed the paint off. I just used some 600 grit by hand, and about 5 minutes to clean the brown stuff off so it was shiny metal. Then a little rattle can love with some white spraypaint to "match". it's not a perfect match, but it's an old car with a ton of miles, and i live on a dirt road so it's never clean anyway so you can't even tell.

When I went to Krown to get it sprayed he poked his spray wand in the frame rail and said he was hitting the carpet...
I said I don't care... Hose it down...
At least I know my carpet won't rust...

I filled my car up today and ran the pump till the handle shut off. When I got back in my car the needle didn't go all the way to full,.. It was a bit below the full line and it used to go past it.
I did have the pump running full snort so next time I'll fill it at half speed and see if more goes in.

I didn't want to put any more in after the pump shut off because of the problems that can cause so we'll see what happens next time.

I can't even use my jacking points anymore... They are all crunched in and squashed...

The jack would crunch right through the damn floor.

I forgot to update...

My car is working fine. I've realized that I can fill my tank at full snort till the handle shuts off, then I fill at about half speed till it shuts off again.
It fills the tank full without over filling the tank.

I don't know how or why this is happening but it's no big deal and I get a full tank of gas and I have no worries about running it down till the fuel light comes on.

Back