Import CX-9 from Canada to US

:
2017 CX9 GT AWD
Anyone import a new model CX-9 from Canada to the US? I believe these are manufactured in Japan, so there are probably duty fees because of that. Could potentially save some money doing this, but not sure if it really is worth the hassle.

Anyone import a new model CX-9 from Canada to the US? I believe these are manufactured in Japan, so there are probably duty fees because of that. Could potentially save some money doing this, but not sure if it really is worth the hassle.

I'd be surprised if you pay enough to be worth dealing with the paperwork.

Without doing the due diligence to look at new/used differences, duties due to the US from Canada typically run 4-5%. Given that the USD is about 30% stronger than the CAD, there might be something to be found there but I would expect to see the prices in Canada be higher....

I'd be surprised if you pay enough to be worth dealing with the paperwork.

Without doing the due diligence to look at new/used differences, duties due to the US from Canada typically run 4-5%. Given that the USD is about 30% stronger than the CAD, there might be something to be found there but I would expect to see the prices in Canada be higher....

While this maybe true, however due to the weaker demand here in Cda the dealerships don't usually have much inventory therefore less wiggle room and negotiation to lower the price...I've noticed over the years that dealerships here are less likely to give in to demands with lesser competition and that they're more greedy than say in the U.S...also just based from the percentages below MRSP that owners in this forums have gotten their CX9s in U.S. vs Canadian owners that very rare has anyone gotten below MSRP.

-Will Mazda honor the warranty outside the country where it was bought? A visitor is one thing. Importing the new vehicle is different. Mazda wants to support the dealers in each country.
-Check with the U.S. Customs & Border Protection office where you plan to bring it in to confirm what paperwork you need.
-Check with the state you'll register it in to confirm the paperwork you'll need.

Other than the actual speedometer that has the display in Kilometers per Hour with Miles per Hour on the inside, are you able to override the electronic displays to show miles on the odometer or the weather in Fahrenheit, etc.?

Other than the actual speedometer that has the display in Kilometers per Hour with Miles per Hour on the inside, are you able to override the electronic displays to show miles on the odometer or the weather in Fahrenheit, etc.?

Yep, you can do that in the infotainment system.

Back