bose door speakers quit working

birby

:
cx5
2013 cx5 gt, bose stereo

recently my door speakers quit working. they don't work on any input channel, and when I tested them with the power-seek button thing, nothing comes out of the doors peakers.

This has happened twice. They'd work fine the night before, then the next morning they quit. first time it happened, i started troubleshooting my infotainment center, doing the test thing and seeing if they work on radio or satellite etc. then when I went over to look for where the amp was, they magically started working again. They worked steadily and reliably for about a week. then last weekend I turn on my car and they're not working again. they've never cut off while i was driving, always after a night of working then parking.

So far i've gathered that it's either the audio unit, amp, or body control module. not quite sure how to troubleshoot those. anyone have a similar issue or know any resources I could look at?

ive seen that, looks like its an amp replacement. hoping i could go a more diy route for repair or if anyones fixed the same issue on their own

thanks tho

You might check where the plug from where the door plugs into the car body in the hinge area. There are documented cases where water leaks in and causes electrical problems...

Back