Bluetooth Browsing

Looked into what's changed with BT in Oreo. Turns out quite a bit. But couldn't find anything about this feature being added. Nothing that would explain why his G4 won't do it. Although why didn't I see this message when I paired my nougat Z2. I replaced my phone about the time I started this thread. The new pair with Oreo is when I saw the message.

Sorry Shado, missed your question.
On the main BT screen where it shows what song is playing, the 2nd button from left is "Root". That took me to the pic I shared.
I did shuffle and it started a fresh mix.

So glad I brought this up. Nearly dismissed this as some stupid Android glitch. [emoji106]

This is what I see after I force stop my MP
<< does nothing
Capture5.JPG

Is your display different?

Last edited:
<< does nothing
Capture5.JPG

I had this when my phone was on podcast republic. When i started a music player (while on this screen) then it works as described above. Using musing stored on phone. Also running the latest version of Mazda Connect - not sure it matters.

No album art. No track names. No titles. Everything just said Unknown for every track. Worked fine though.

No album art. No track names. No titles. Everything just said Unknown for every track. Worked fine though.

I tested again - with rocket player it all says unknown. With Google play music, it shows all info but art. I wonder if there is some setting in rocket player, or if their support would know.

I tested again - with rocket player it all says unknown. With Google play music, it shows all info but art. I wonder if there is some setting in rocket player, or if their support would know.
Good to know. [emoji106]

(cricket)

So can anyone explain how to browse your phone from the head?

Yeah please post the process. And since I'm not a techie guy, you could entitle it "How to Browse You Phone from MZDA Connect Screen". [emoji16]

<< does nothing
Capture5.JPG

Thanks for posting that, 7!

But see the difference in our music screens on the head? I've only got 5 buttons.
So I'm guessing that my problem is my version of Connect, and has nothing to do with Android or BT. Mine is 59.00.446 NA N.
What's yours?????

Thanks for posting that, 7!

But see the difference in our music screens on the head? I've only got 5 buttons.
So I'm guessing that my problem is my version of Connect, and has nothing to do with Android or BT. Mine is 59.00.446 NA N.
What's yours?????

Mine is 59.00.504 and it works. What app are you using on your phone?

Mine is 59.00.504 and it works. What app are you using on your phone?

Poweramp. I tried it with G music, too. You've got 8 buttons instead of 5 on the music screen? You think the phone controls the buttons on the head?

I know that when i tried with apps other then Google play music there was no data on the screen like you show. I am not sure about the buttons. It could be the version of the head unit, not sure.

Wait.. what? I have 59.441. That's so wierd.
Maybe the buttons only show if your phone support BT browsing? I suppose that's possible.
Alpha and I have the same phone so I bet that's it.
If only some more people would try this out.
HINT

I know that when i tried with apps other then Google play music there was no data on the screen like you show. I am not sure about the buttons. It could be the version of the head unit, not sure.

Sorry if that shot mislead you. I usually get full info-- it was just playing an oddball rip with no tag when I took that shot. I've always gotten full info from ANY music app, just no art.

My problem getting this to work is that there is no "root" button. I also don't have repeat or shuffle buttons on the head. But I shuffle from the phone.

Can you check your buttons next time you're in the car please?

Back