Keyless Entry Inspection Required after accident

viennahorn

:
Mazda 6 2.2 TDI SkyActiv
Hi there all, I hope someone can help. Our 2013 Mazda 6 estate was in an accident and has had quite a big repair job carried out by a local garage, under insurance. They've done a great job and everything looks fab except one thing... we're getting a warning message saying 'keyless entry inspection required' and obviously, the keyless entry is not working.

The car is starting fine and no other problems that we can see.

The garage is saying it's a sign of an early battery failure and so they're not going to look at it, but I just can't help but feel it could be a left-over from the accident because the car is starting fine. Is there any chance that this could be a warning message that has not been cleared or something? Has anyone else seen a scenario like this? Do you think we should push the repairing garage to look at this?

Thanks in advance, Ken

A guess here.
There are sensors in the doors and inside the dash.
You can start the engine fine, so the one in the dash should be fine.
Now, one of the sensors in the doors could be bad. Is anyone of the two got hit?
There could also be one under the trunk.

I had a similar problem in my 2010 Mazda 6. I could start the car fine but could not lock/unlock any doors or the trunk with the fob. Found out it is a faulty passenger rear door actuator. The car can't tell that door is closed so it won't lock with the fob. There is no indicator on the instrument panel showing a door is ajar. The part has been ordered and I'm waiting for it to be replaced. I was warned however that that is just the first indicator and all of them in each door could actually need replacing but it is impossible to tell until each is replaced one at a time and the problem still persists. *Fingers crossed this is the only one*

Back