I think this is a deal...

Then someone needs to come up with a way to answer the question "did i get a good deal" and not hurt their feelings with the answer.

The good deal is directly related to how much you paid. If you didn't pay cash or take 0%, then the interest you pay over the life of the loan has a HUGE impact on your cost to buy that car.

And dealers will lower price if they know you are financing through them. And shouldn't the origination fee be factored in?

Sorry, but if someone doesn't want to share how much interest they are paying , then they should not be asking if they got a good deal. Generally if they financed through the dealer (not Mazda) and paid more then 2% interest and an origination fee, the answer is "No, you didn't get a good deal, no matter the sale price and rebates".

If you think that is harsh, then just talk about monthly payments, don't ask what options they got, and don't ask months of loan either. So then the guy with an 84 month loan on a Sport, got the best deal as he has the lowest monthly payment. That makes as much as sense as not factoring the cost of the loan in the purchase price.

"did i get a good deal?" on the vehicle is completely separate from whatever financing rate a person qualified for. What if someone has really bad credit but a lot of cash on hand, and can only get an 18% loan? They might pay it off in a few months and end up paying almost no interest. Did they get a good deal?

Also, not all parts of the country have the same rebates available at the same time

"did i get a good deal?" on the vehicle is completely separate from whatever financing rate a person qualified for. What if someone has really bad credit but a lot of cash on hand, and can only get an 18% loan? They might pay it off in a few months and end up paying almost no interest. Did they get a good deal?

Also, not all parts of the country have the same rebates available at the same time

Eh. I had no credit, put $12k down payment, financed the other ~$14.5k. I got 2.99%, 48 months.

Did I miss something? Was somebody insulted because of a high interest rate? OK, who's the douchebag that did that? :D That reflects on the insulter IMO. Not the insultee.
If you want to share your interest rate, fine. But WE need to not be pricks about it. Period. Don't be so judgy.

True rebates are not the same everywhere - they should be called out separately too and not put into the "price".

But still whatever interest you pay, early termination fee, and origination fee should all apply. If you get an 18% loan and pay it off in a few months, you will likely pay an origination fee, and a penalty. And gong into it, you know what interest you are going to pay.

If you finance at 18%, and know you will pay it off in a few months, you should wait and not finance at 18%. If you don't know you can pay off your loan early, then you should always consider the entire amount it will cost you - that is just good finance sense.

No credit and bad credit are different things. If you have bad credit, you should not expect a good deal as you are considered a credit risk.

True rebates are not the same everywhere - they should be called out separately too and not put into the "price".

But still whatever interest you pay, early termination fee, and origination fee should all apply. If you get an 18% loan and pay it off in a few months, you will likely pay an origination fee, and a penalty. And gong into it, you know what interest you are going to pay.

If you finance at 18%, and know you will pay it off in a few months, you should wait and not finance at 18%. If you don't know you can pay off your loan early, then you should always consider the entire amount it will cost you - that is just good finance sense.

No credit and bad credit are different things. If you have bad credit, you should not expect a good deal as you are considered a credit risk.

I've never seen a 'loan origination fee.' Are you talking about the buy rate from a bank? Also, at least in TX, there are no early termination penalties for paying a loan off early

back in 2017. i got my 2017 cx5 gt with premium package in red and with $1600 aftermarket warrnty cover up to 6yr and 100000mile MSRP $32760 add tax, all the fee and that warrnty. i got mine at $30000flat. so discount of $4000

(not AWD)

my salesman his cool let me know if you want me to hook you up. Im around abilene 3 hours away from dfw

Last edited:
I've never seen a 'loan origination fee.' Are you talking about the buy rate from a bank? Also, at least in TX, there are no early termination penalties for paying a loan off early

When I was at a Chevy dealer last year, I offered to finance. My credit is perfect, I qualify for everything. Chevy was offering 20% off, but no finance deals. I told dealer I would finance if it cost me almost nothing so they could make something too. All the rates from the banks (chase, citi, etc) were lower apr but had an origination fee of $300 to $500 and early payment penalty - a large portion of interest that would have been paid. I had never.heardnof an origination fee on a car loan before I charged the entire car on a credit card, got my points, and then paid cash at end of month when bill was due.

My credit union has no origination fee or penalty. I used them once, carried a 4% loan for a couple weeks transferred money to pay off car and paid about $6 in interest.

Back