HD radio stations

:
2014 CX-5
Just gave up satellite radio and now trying the HD on the FM but the stations go out driving trees. I'm not sure if that's normal. I'm in south fl. and everything is flat and not many tall buildings so has anyone else tried HD radio.

Yes, it's normal. HD Radio works much like HD OTA TV. It's either got a strong signal, or it doesn't. It's on or it's off. If the signal isn't strong enough or being blocked... it's off. It doesn't get staticy. It's on. Or it's off.
0's and 1's baby. :D

Yea. Works fine here in Charlotte. We have about 30 stations broadcasting in HD. Does have a limited range though. I mostly use PANDORA now. Pay $5 a month for ad free

EDIT

Yep , what he said is a better way to describe it. Its either on or off.

One thing to notice if you have not. HD radio has sub channels on many stations. You can access it when tuned to the station, by clicking on the HD icon, but it is a bit of work. One trick, if you like all the HD substations is to add each one to favorites, then you can scroll through them easily (95.1-1, 95.1-2, 95.1-3 for example).

One rock station i listen to broadcasts on 100.1 analog and HD. but it also has a 100.1-2 that is alternative rock (HD only) so i added both to favorites as it is faster then trying to flip back and forth using the on screen menu when on 100.1 .

One thing to notice if you have not. HD radio has sub channels on many stations. You can access it when tuned to the station, by clicking on the HD icon, but it is a bit of work. One trick, if you like all the HD substations is to add each one to favorites, then you can scroll through them easily (95.1-1, 95.1-2, 95.1-3 for example).

One rock station i listen to broadcasts on 100.1 analog and HD. but it also has a 100.1-2 that is alternative rock (HD only) so i added both to favorites as it is faster then trying to flip back and forth using the on screen menu when on 100.1 .

All of the stations I listen too also have the sub-stations. Some have upwards of 4. Only problem is when I select a sub-station it will play for about 30 seconds then die. Happens on all of them. It's either a bandwidth problem or buffering problem.
I've just given up on the sub-stations, it even happens when sitting still so the signal is not being blocked. The original HD station plays fine and almost never burps.

All of the stations I listen too also have the sub-stations. Some have upwards of 4. Only problem is when I select a sub-station it will play for about 30 seconds then die. Happens on all of them. It's either a bandwidth problem or buffering problem.
I've just given up on the sub-stations, it even happens when sitting still so the signal is not being blocked. The original HD station plays fine and almost never burps.

If your car is under warranty have it checked. Ask them to check out the antenna. In my area and everywhere I drive to - HD is super strong.

Back