2017+ CX-5 Rear Fog Lights?

:
2017 CX5 AWD Touring
I saw some diagrams about the 2017+ having a lighted rear fog light which is basically the red reflectors at the bumper but it had a light in it. This is supposedly a European or Canadian option?

I saw some diagrams about the 2017+ having a lighted rear fog light which is basically the red reflectors at the bumper but it had a light in it. This is supposedly a European or Canadian option?

EU - mandatory to have rear fog lights. If in US - dont bother. My friend's car had it and was constantly honked when in traffic light and folks behind thought he's about to reverse into them!! It's very uncommon here and people aren't used to it.

Actually factory rear fog light on CX-5 is available in every other region other than North American market.

In old days some red rear fog light located near also red tail lights and braking lights hence it's easy to get confused by the followers. But new vehicles mostly have rear fog light located in bumper area separated from main tail light cluster, hence it's no longer an issue to get confused.

But don't even think a mod on this for US CX-5. Fog light housing with LED light is available from aftermarket, but Mazda took away all wiring harness、rear fog switch、as well as front and rear fog lights indicators in instrument cluster. Too many obstacles to be overcome to add rear fog light for US CX-5!

Actually factory rear fog light on CX-5 is available in every other region other than North American market.

Err not quite correct. We don't have it here in Oz land, not even an option.

100% legal.
Saabs have always had rear fogs. Yes, even here in the US. However only 1 bulb was fitted on the driver's side. I thought that's how it was in Europe. There was a spot on the other side to put a bulb but these were always empty. Many of us would put a bulb in the other side too. Good way to brake check someone without ever actually using the brake.

I can find you the part numbers. The European ones only have one on the offside, this is to prevent confusion with the brake lights.

I can find you the part numbers. The European ones only have one on the offside, this is to prevent confusion with the brake lights.
That would be nice if you do! I assume even if its only one fog on the offside, the opposite site would have a different part number as the current dummy on the car.

In my previous 16 cx5 i got them both working as running lights and they looked beautiful (i know, my country does not have strict car lighting regulations at all), so i was looking to do the same this time arrround.

The RH light assembly is KB9G-51-650C

The LH light assembly is KB8M-51-660C

These are 77.51 ea plus tax. There are about 1.4 USD to the UK pound.

There are two short wiring adapters that act as patch leads between the lights and the main harness (if yours is the same). The part number is D4Y5-67-SH3. These are quite cheap at about 5 ea plus tax.

The RH light assembly is KB9G-51-650C

The LH light assembly is KB8M-51-660C

These are 77.51 ea plus tax. There are about 1.4 USD to the UK pound.

There are two short wiring adapters that act as patch leads between the lights and the main harness (if yours is the same). The part number is D4Y5-67-SH3. These are quite cheap at about 5 ea plus tax.
A quick search on google wont turn up much results on this pieces to order them. But thanks anyways for coming up the parts numbers so quick!

I'll keep an eye out to see when they pop up online.

Just came across this photo showing the rear fog light;

IMG_3482.jpg

They only put one on intentionally to avoid any confusion with brake lights.

They only put one on intentionally to avoid any confusion with brake lights.

Hmm.. foglights are brighter than brake lights and are on constantly.

An average/regular humanoid should know the difference between brake light and fog light.....

Google it brother. It's the reason. All the European cars used to use just one light. In Europe. Some of them, like Saab, didn't change that for the US and is why we got them. BMW too in the 90s I believe.
Don't know if they still do.

Google it brother. It's the reason. All the European cars used to use just one light. In Europe. Some of them, like Saab, didn't change that for the US and is why we got them. BMW too in the 90s I believe.
Don't know if they still do.

I believe you but to me my previous point should apply.

Copy that. Well, as they say, gotta plan for the lowest common denominator.

Back