2017+ CX-5 Rear Fog Lights?

The RH light assembly is KB9G-51-650C

The LH light assembly is KB8M-51-660C

These are 77.51 ea plus tax. There are about 1.4 USD to the UK pound.

There are two short wiring adapters that act as patch leads between the lights and the main harness (if yours is the same). The part number is D4Y5-67-SH3. These are quite cheap at about 5 ea plus tax.

i'm still unable to find this parts to buy them. Anyway i can find these in any dealer in the EU?? Google only shows this parts on Russian sites for sale as used spares, no other info is shown. I contacted japanparts.com and even they aren't able to source them.

Also the KB9G-51-650C is also known as KB8M-51-650C.

Any other info on where i can buy this will be appreciated.

i'm still unable to find this parts to buy them. Anyway i can find these in any dealer in the EU?? Google only shows this parts on Russian sites for sale as used spares, no other info is shown. I contacted japanparts.com and even they aren't able to source them.

Also the KB9G-51-650C is also known as KB8M-51-650C.

Any other info on where i can buy this will be appreciated.

Quick google search and I found this for the RH light assembly

I was able to order both fogs to motor head japan and here's what i got. In this case the left fog did not had the bulb hole from factory, but it did came with the internal reflector, so i made my own hole to it and ordered the appropriate mazda socket and pigtails to connect it to the main harness and look oem.

I will upload again a pic when its installed and running.
31c3a02befb0328829f069392d9e3868.jpg
0f70563dc48a9c4dafe57831416d5ee7.jpg
74cd2de09084440d5e1421636d4e4532.jpg

As promised, quick install, just tapped into the running lights and done... it gives the rear more character in my opinion. I ordered the oem cords as suggested and another socket for the fog that did not have it from factory.
28ad94e9543f8f29ff2aa7a5625127a6.jpg
66c051d14de3c34d3a703ff105ef12ff.jpg

EU - mandatory to have rear fog lights. If in US - dont bother. My friend's car had it and was constantly honked when in traffic light and folks behind thought he's about to reverse into them!! It's very uncommon here and people aren't used to it.

What color was it? All reverse lights have to be white in the US at least. If its red not sure why people would think it was a reverse light

I was able to order both fogs to motor head japan and here's what i got. In this case the left fog did not had the bulb hole from factory, but it did came with the internal reflector, so i made my own hole to it and ordered the appropriate mazda socket and pigtails to connect it to the main harness and look oem.

Where did you order them and how much did it set you back?

9258589dc91699aaeecdf9a998dd3a4b.jpg

I just did something similar by adding two led light strips to each fog light. One is in with parking lights and the other is connected to brake light.

Just got my fog kit, here's the switch for the rear fog's also. It's the symbol below fog and it's spring return... meaning it doesn't switch on and lock

Attachments

• thumbnail (16).jpg
    thumbnail (16).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,071
  • thumbnail (15).jpg
    thumbnail (15).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,040
Rear Fog Lights ?

Just got my fog kit, here's the switch for the rear fog's also. It's the symbol below fog and it's spring return... meaning it doesn't switch on and lock

attachment.php

attachment.php
Did you get your kit and switch from Japan? Since Japan has right-hand-drive vehicles, legally the single rear fog light is on the driver side, the right side. But in the US we should use left side as the single rear fog light to meet international standard. Those Japanese rear fog light kit is not suitable for the US unless you modify it making a hole on the right side of the light housing.

Theres a reason why we need front and rear fog light indicators in the instrument cluster. Without them you cant tell whether or not your rear fog light is on as the switch pointer cant be stayed at the rear fog light mark. Mazda removed these fog light indicators for US CX-5 and its almost impossible to add these indicators.

How much the wiring you have to add especially to the new switch, and how difficult to replace the headlight switch?

And thanks for posting these pictures!

Yes it's a japan kit and I'm waiting on the rear wiring. The switch is easy replacement. The wiring for the rear is tricky. P.S.... the lights can be found on Ali-Express under CX5 rear lighting

Last edited:
A couple of questions....is the part number for the left side lamp with the bulb & holder known?

If not, what are the part numbers for the lamp socket and pigtail?

Rear Fog Lights ?

Did you get your kit and switch from Japan? Since Japan has right-hand-drive vehicles, legally the single rear fog light is on the driver side, the right side. But in the US we should use left side as the single rear fog light to meet international standard. Those Japanese rear fog light kit is not suitable for the US unless you modify it making a hole on the right side of the light housing.

Theres a reason why we need front and rear fog light indicators in the instrument cluster. Without them you cant tell whether or not your rear fog light is on as the switch pointer cant be stayed at the rear fog light mark. Mazda removed these fog light indicators for US CX-5 and its almost impossible to add these indicators.

How much the wiring you have to add especially to the new switch, and how difficult to replace the headlight switch?

And thanks for posting these pictures!

Same question(s) re: wiring to the switch, I doubt the wiring is ran already like the front foglights.

Also, countries like Germany are left hand drive... so there must be a part number for the correct rear foglight for US/CAN

Link for what I think is what we're looking for.

1640851255464.png

1640851278589.png

1640851239119.png

Last edited:
you can probably wire to where the front fog lights connect although this would be longer cable wiring from rear to the front.
ideally when the front are on then the rear has to be on too. Then one doesnt need the steering wheel switch change.
If you need I can try to look tomorrow in the Eu Mazda oem parts catalog and get the right part numbers.

Last edited:
Does somebody have a wiring for connecting the lamp to the RBCM?

Also need help to enable the indicator in dash through Forscan.
Should be in RBCM. Need MSCAN for it.
7B7-01-01 Byte 0 bit 2 set to 1.
but I have some vague memory on the US Instrument Cluster that the icon may not show even though it would work to turn them offf/on from the new stalk switch.
You can try it out and see. Make sure to get the bit7 checksum right after changing bit 2.

I cant help with the wiring. You have to find the eu wiring diagrams most likely.

Last edited:
Does somebody have a wiring for connecting the lamp to the RBCM?
This’s something I wish Joaks or TANKGUNNER had answered this question.

Also need help to enable the indicator in dash through Forscan.
I really don’t believe the front and rear fog light indicators actually exist in US CX-5 dash. It’d be nice someone can verify.

⋯ I have some vague memory on the US Instrument Cluster that the icon may not show even though it would work to turn them offf/on from the new stalk switch.
That’s what I thought too. Mazda didn’t put front and rear fog light indicators in the dash for US version CX-5.

Back