Orange TPMS Monitor

Frankly I wouldn't want some display cluttering my dashboard especially when the information is sought perhaps once weekly if not more rare. There's bluetooth enabled TPMS sensors at approximately $50 for 4 and can send the data to smartphone via bluetooth.

Frankly I wouldn't want some display cluttering my dashboard especially when the information is sought perhaps once weekly if not more rare.

It does not have to be on the dashboard. I am happy to pull it out once a week to get an accurate check. I am interested in the product because I have had issues with slow leaks caused by nails in my tires.

I've contacted the manufacturer to see if I can get it here in Canada.

Here's the manual for the product for anyone that is interested.

http://www.orange-electronic.com/en/download/orange_mazda_cx5(product_manual).pdf

Interesting, but that means the data should be viewable on our Mazda Connect system too - the wheels are sending it. If this unit could forward to phone, that would be better. Would want to see a manual first though, but would buy before buying the BT solutions.

Interesting, but that means the data should be viewable on our Mazda Connect system too - the wheels are sending it. If this unit could forward to phone, that would be better. Would want to see a manual first though, but would buy before buying the BT solutions.

Yes, that data should be available via a PID on the OBD2 connection as well. I tried a PID for the older system but there was no data displayed. I have looked but just can't find any up-to-date data for the CX5 OBD2 PIDs.

I am happy to be a guinea pig for this if I can keep the cost under $150 CAD. (angel)

Well, I do carry a tire pressure needle gauge. It's more accurate than the other style of gauge. http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/certified-dial-tire-gauge-0-60-psi-0095587p.html#srp

The biggest reason for getting the Orange device is to get information that's readily available from the vehicle. As I said, I'd like to get the information from OBD2 but it's not readily available. Likewise, it's not on the infotainment display. This device will allow me to get this information easily and hopefully at a reasonably low cost - under $150 CAD.

There are various bluetooth devices that measure air pressure at the valve stem. They will come out at almost the same cost as the Orange device. I've had issues with valve stem indicators causing slow leaks as they cracked along the seams that held the cap together. I'm also not convinced they are as accurate as a device inside the tire itself.

Tire pressure is something we should all check regularly but don't. When we do, its often at the gas station beside the air pump. At that point the tires are warm and will not give an accurate reading. Tires need to be checked cold which is something very few prepare to do, Few people make time to do this properly or have portable air pumps to pump up their tires. Yes, I do have one from Canadian Tire and have used it many times.

The other sad reality is that too many people "check" their tire pressure by visual inspection. Tires simply don't give visual clues that will indicate their actual tire pressure. This is the point of the TPMS - to give a warning that
the tires need attention.

So hopefully between the Canadian distributor of Orange products and Orange Electronics itself, I get an email back letting me know if I can get this product to try it out. I think it will be quite useful and will be of interest to many persons.

Somehow I knew exactly what this was going to be! (rofl)

In all seriousness, my TPSM light goes off, I park, walk around the vehicle and it's usually pretty obvious which tire is at fault. Also...TPSM goes off? Perfect time to get that above tool out to check.

Yes, but in the winter, i am never exactly sure, and i have to check all of them. It would be nice to have a digital display with all 4 tires telling me what is what.

The frustrating part is that active TPMS sends the data - this 3rd party display proves it. Why can't we have it on our MC view? Arggggg.

Yes, but in the winter, i am never exactly sure, and i have to check all of them. It would be nice to have a digital display with all 4 tires telling me what is what.

The frustrating part is that active TPMS sends the data - this 3rd party display proves it. Why can't we have it on our MC view? Arggggg.

True point, just not worth $150 to me.

I just spoke with a very helpful person at Orange Electronics who said they would be happy to help. I'll provide an update as soon as I know more about this product.

It's arriving today. I was connected with the sales people in Taiwan who were very helpful. I'll do a review with pics and post it here later this weekend.

I've used Orange TPMS at my older vehicle and so far has worked well for me. However batteries on the valves dies one by one after 4 years. They claim a 5 year warranty on batteries but 4 years service is already fine with me. Now if they can really hook it up with our MZDConnect then it's a really big plus.

Back