Map Cost?

Mazda's implementation OR NavTeq for camera is rather foolish. Here's why - near my area I have a highway and from which a ramp leads into a T-crossing where there's a speed camera. The crossing itself is almost underneath the highway. Guess what - the darn system beeps to slow down when I am on the highway. I don't think they implemented elevation into the equation. The same maps are used in Garmin which behaves correctly.

That is why they got banned here in some places. They were counter productive. The 3rd parties that sold and supported needed revenue to profit. If fhe goal is to reduce speeding and running reds, then the result should be revenue decline. Some were caught shortening light cycles and doing other things to keep revenue high and never really try to stop infractions.

Ours are government owned and maintained I believe. Revenue just keeps going up and up

I'd like to know the answer to that too. July is going to be my last free update. I've been very satisfied with my built in nav system. Maybe not as good as Google but I like having the big display and I'm not going to stick a phone mount on my dash

same here. agreeable that the mazda nav isn't on par with something like Waze or google maps, but it does the job, it's a big screen mounted on the dash that I don't need to play with my phone for or buy a mount for it and use it as a small screen, all while using data and taking charge away from the phone. can't wait for apple car play though!

Received my navigation SD card for just shy of $100. Grabbed it on eBay, and it appears to be the latest official OEM release: BHP1-66-EZ1H (I couldn't find anything with a letter higher than "H" at the end, and that's what the official sites are selling right now).

I ensured that the listing had a proper return policy in case something selling for ~25% of MSRP wasn't genuine, but the listing claimed it's the real deal.

Plugged the SD card in, turned on accessory mode (didn't turn the engine on), and the map worked like a charm!

I downloaded the official software from Mazda and it recognizes it as an official SD card. I get North America map updates through 03/15/2021, and it's installing the latest maps right now.

My nervosa about having that big Navigation button not doing anything is solved, and at far less than the dealership would have charged me. Huzzah!

Last edited:
Received my navigation SD card for just shy of $100. Grabbed it on eBay, and it appears to be the latest official OEM release: BHP1-66-EZ1H (I couldn't find anything with a letter higher than "H" at the end, and that's what the official sites are selling right now).

I ensured that the listing had a proper return policy in case something selling for ~25% of MSRP wasn't genuine, but the listing claimed it's the real deal.

Plugged the SD card in, turned on accessory mode (didn't turn the engine on), and the map worked like a charm!

I downloaded the official software from Mazda and it recognizes it as an official SD card. I get North America map updates through 03/15/2021, and it's installing the latest maps right now.

My nervosa about having that big Navigation button not doing anything is solved, and at far less than the dealership would have charged me. Huzzah!
Did you do something like xcopy (exact copy) of your 8GB SD card before you do anything else? This SD card seems to be easy to have problems and causes Nav system failing.

No...it doesn't Yrwie. Where have you seen that? More then a year in this forum. I've never seen an SD Card issue

Last edited:
Back