Excellent price on CX-9 signature?

It's 100% profit. They put your name, SS#, address, etc, into the computer in 5 mins, and the software spits out the paperwork; it's not like someone in a back room with a typewriter and carbon paper, filling out forms in triplicate. "Doc fee" in any setting is just at total ripoff.

I'm not talking about the finance manager. I'm talking about the back of the house people that process the paperwork with the banks and with the state...bookkeepers, title clerks, etc. Last place I worked had 6 full time people to process completed deals. There are posted notices that 'doc fees' are not state mandated.

btw, even employee purchases include the doc fee

Last edited:
May I have the sales persons name who offered you this quote? Im interested in getting a CX9, and Im in SF Bay Area as well.

So I emailed multiple dealers to see if they could beat the price. Talk about d!cking me around. Here’s my experience so far:

* Capitol Mazda in San Jose (DGDG): Quoted $39,796 after rebate. Forwarded Burlingame quote to see if they could beat it. They declined.

* Concord Mazda (DGDG): Tried to avoid giving me any quote at all, asked for my address and then wanted me to come in. I told them to stop wasting my time and forwarded Burlingame quote. Guy said he would "check" and see if he could beat it. I doubt I'll hear back.

* Dublin Mazda: I emailed them asking for a quote on a Signature, they responded with a quote on a Sport and every model but Sig. I emailed back and asked for quote on Sig, no response.

* Tracy Mazda: Insisted that I give them my phone number for a quote and tried to call my Google voice number from a previous quote a year ago,

I used a similar tactic when shopping for my CX-9. The only thing I did different was that I used Truecar to get pricing. Even then I had similar results. In fact, I was looking for a signature and ended up with a GT simply because there was no stock of '18 signatures when I was looking. Dealers who had them didn't seem to want to trade them to my local dealers either. Seems like Mazda are keeping the signature numbers pretty low.

but in CA, why would you need AWD?

I have two AWD drive cars in California. Love them both, and definitely prefer them to FWD. Great for going skiing, going to death valley, canyons...you name it.

I used the same method as chris76 when shopping for our CX9.

Emailed multiple dealers and ignored all the dealers that didn't give me a price/asked me to come in.

In the end, I got 2 quotes. I took the lowest one and emailed back agreeing on the out the door price, 0% financing, the specific stock number of the car and got their response saying yes they can do that price.

As I was driving to the dealership for the appointment to buy the car, they called and said they couldn't give me that price anymore. But when I got there, I told them I have in writing. They spent a few minutes to "figure it out", then said the price was good and followed through with the sale. Thankfully, that was the only hiccup with my visit, their service was excellent and the delivery of the car went very smoothly.

We paid $36,8XX +TTL for a CX9 GT FWD Machine Grey. Out the door was $40,400.

If Burlingame can honor your price with all the specifics you want in writing, go for it.

Try Fremont Mazda. Always the best deals.

Back