Excellent price on CX-9 signature?

chris76

:
2018 CX-9 Signature
Just got a price quote on 2018 CX-9 Signature in machine gray fo $38,688 + sales tax and dmv from a dealer that has about 14 of these on the lot in machine gray alone. Seems like a damn good price. Anyone beat this deal?

I paid $5K more. And I had to go beyond 10 of the closest dealers to find just one Machine Grey Sig.

That sounds too good to be true. I can't see getting any better price.

I see used 2017's for more than that.

Just got a price quote on 2018 CX-9 Signature in machine gray fo $38,688 + sales tax and dmv from a dealer that has about 14 of these on the lot in machine gray alone. Seems like a damn good price. Anyone beat this deal?

Which dealership did you get this price quote from? I've been looking for dealerships in the Southern California area for a Signature 2018 in the price range of 42K out the door.

Wow, amazing price for a brand new Sig. I also paid about $5k more

You might want to ask if that price is with the rebates/incentives you qualify for, or if that is with all available rebates (some of which may not pertain to you)

They gave me an OTD price of $42,515, about $300 more than the DMV calculator based on my address. I assume they're padding in DOC fees, dealer prep, or something?

If I do this deal, the only way I'm heading to the dealer is if they will give me the cashier's check amount before I set foot on the lot.

When comparing prices, looking at the number before TT&L is the only way to gauge it. Every state, city, and county is going to have different taxes and fees

True. Are there any fees other than TT&L that are "legitimate" dealer fees these days, or are they all "padding?"

A 'document fee' is pretty much the only one where I am. I've only seen it be around $100-$150, so not too high. I've heard in other states it can be much higher. Here it basically goes to pay the people who process the paperwork

Go for it. This is a great price. I just got my 2017 CX-9 Signature Machine Gray, with only 8k miles, Mazda Certified,.... for $36.5k + tax, in San Jose, CA

$38.6k, for a brand new 2018 is a no-brainer. If i saw this deal a week ago, i would be driving a 2018, not 2017. :) My local dealer could do 2018 for $42.x, but not less than that. The 2017 was too good of an offer with the certified warranty to pass on.

So I emailed multiple dealers to see if they could beat the price. Talk about d!cking me around. Heres my experience so far:

* Capitol Mazda in San Jose (DGDG): Quoted $39,796 after rebate. Forwarded Burlingame quote to see if they could beat it. They declined.

* Concord Mazda (DGDG): Tried to avoid giving me any quote at all, asked for my address and then wanted me to come in. I told them to stop wasting my time and forwarded Burlingame quote. Guy said he would "check" and see if he could beat it. I doubt I'll hear back.

* Dublin Mazda: I emailed them asking for a quote on a Signature, they responded with a quote on a Sport and every model but Sig. I emailed back and asked for quote on Sig, no response.

* Tracy Mazda: Insisted that I give them my phone number for a quote and tried to call my Google voice number from a previous quote a year ago,

Last edited:
A 'document fee' is pretty much the only one where I am. I've only seen it be around $100-$150, so not too high. I've heard in other states it can be much higher. Here it basically goes to pay the people who process the paperwork

It's 100% profit. They put your name, SS#, address, etc, into the computer in 5 mins, and the software spits out the paperwork; it's not like someone in a back room with a typewriter and carbon paper, filling out forms in triplicate. "Doc fee" in any setting is just at total ripoff.

So I emailed multiple dealers to see if they could beat the price. Talk about d!cking me around. Here’s my experience so far:

* Capitol Mazda in San Jose (DGDG): Quoted $39,796 after rebate. Forwarded Burlingame quote to see if they could beat it. They declined.

* Concord Mazda (DGDG): Tried to avoid giving me any quote at all, asked for my address and then wanted me to come in. I told them to stop wasting my time and forwarded Burlingame quote. Guy said he would "check" and see if he could beat it. I doubt I'll hear back.

* Dublin Mazda: I emailed them asking for a quote on a Signature, they responded with a quote on a Sport and every model but Sig. I emailed back and asked for quote on Sig, no response.

* Tracy Mazda: Insisted that I give them my phone number for a quote and tried to call my Google voice number from a previous quote a year ago,

Sounds like standard dealership practice, unfortunately. I wouldn't call it dicking you around persay, they're obviously trying to get you in there in person to try and pressure you and provide numbers without giving you anything on paper (so you can take the quote to another dealership). Capitol sounds like the only dealership worth giving your business to if you don't get the other deal.

I used the same method as chris76 when shopping for our CX9.

Emailed multiple dealers and ignored all the dealers that didn't give me a price/asked me to come in.

In the end, I got 2 quotes. I took the lowest one and emailed back agreeing on the out the door price, 0% financing, the specific stock number of the car and got their response saying yes they can do that price.

As I was driving to the dealership for the appointment to buy the car, they called and said they couldn't give me that price anymore. But when I got there, I told them I have in writing. They spent a few minutes to "figure it out", then said the price was good and followed through with the sale. Thankfully, that was the only hiccup with my visit, their service was excellent and the delivery of the car went very smoothly.

We paid $36,8XX +TTL for a CX9 GT FWD Machine Grey. Out the door was $40,400.

If Burlingame can honor your price with all the specifics you want in writing, go for it.

Last edited:
Back