2017 CX5 Brake Light Lumens

:
2017 CX5 AWD Touring
Anyone know what the lumen rating is on a non-LED 2017+ brake lights?

I am looking to get an LED multi-directional bulb replacement for the factory incandescent. The LED puts out 560 lumens (properly rated) and is red in color so I am not sure how much brighter it will be vs stock.

Even if it's not brighter, it will likely not need changing with the longer lifetime. According to the Philips website we have an LED in the high mount for the 2018.

Even if it's not brighter, it will likely not need changing with the longer lifetime. According to the Philips website we have an LED in the high mount for the 2018.

And less amps are required for the same amount of light, less load on electrical system. That is not the case with many LED turn signal replacements that use resistors to mimic the resistance of a filament bulb. If i were going to change turn signals to LED, i would not use the resistor solution - i would try to also change the flasher unit to a solid state one that has timer for on and off and not a bimetallic strip.

On the Touring model, it comes with a LED 3rd brake light, along with side mirror LED turn signal lights but the 2 main brake lights are incandescent. I will swap those 2 main brake lights to a LED bulb. It's a simple plug and play and 560 lumens vs 400 lumens will make a nice difference in the light visibility.

Back