door lock feature

I leave my car running when I go into the local coffee shop to get my drink for the morning.
I have to turn the car off and go in.
Is there something I am missing?
Have you ever heard of a drive through?

Thanks for the responses. I was just asking because my last 2 cars which were Infiniti’s would allow me to lock the car while it was running using the key fob. I don’t have a remote start. I am not lazy.......

Mostly good natured ribbing. :D But we still must know what is your thinking for even wanting to do this? Keep the car warm?

Mostly good natured ribbing. :D But we still must know what is your thinking for even wanting to do this? Keep the car warm?

Or cool as the case maybe

Takes all about 1-5 seconds to restart the vehicle after turning it off.

Why is this poster getting so much crap? This is a use case very similar to the cases that call for remote start.

I was standing outside a store today. Woman pulls up in her Ford Flex...and leaves it running when she goes in the store. Found that funny after we were just discussing this.

I was standing outside a store today. Woman pulls up in her Ford Flex...and leaves it running when she goes in the store. Found that funny after we were just discussing this.

Lots of people do it. Likewise, many people still warm up their cars for extended periods in the winter. Old habits die hard.

Last edited:

Not a good thing to do

No drive thru where I go. With the intense cold this winter it’s just me wanting to get the car warmed up for my long drive to work. I looked at remote start and most shops were asking $500+ for one installed. Just looking to see if it was an option on these cars. This is my first mazda. Thank you again for the responses.

Back