2014 Mazda3 Center Console Command Knobs

CBeth88

:
2014 Mazda 3
I bought my 2014 Mazda3 last month and have already broken something! I believe my backpack was partially resting across the center console when I leaned across the seats to pick something up from the passenger-side floor. There was a snap and now the volume/infotainment knobs are sunken in on the righthand side. From what Ive been able to gather in my Googling, it seems that the knob panel is held up by tabs and Ive managed to break the right-side tab(s). Ive called a dealer and was quoted at about $130 to fix it. There is no warranty since I purchased the car from a relative, not a dealer, and even though it only has about 8000 miles, its just over the 3-year mark.

Im fairly handy with DIY projects around the house and general maintenance on my motorcycle, so Id like to take a shot at fixing this myself. But I havent been able to find a good how-to guide. Does anyone know of any? Something with pictures would be preferred video would be amazing. Really, any assistance I could get on this would be much appreciated! Also, how would you recommend I secure the knobs once Ive accessed them? I found one post that suggested duct tape. I dont love the thought of duct taping my brand new (to me) car, even if it wouldnt be visible, but Im not sure I could think of anything better.

I've attached a stock photo to better illustrate the specific set-up/style of the car and an actual photo of its current state.

stock console.jpg
Broken Center Console.jpg

Thank you in advance!

Well, if you can find the broken tab you might be able to reattach it, I would use JB Weld For Plastic, it is much stronger than super glue.

If you can't find the broken tab and if you know someone who has a 3D printer it wouldn't be very difficult to draw one up and print one.

Here is a short youtube video I found on how to remove the command switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb7kYAdP9oY

OR

You might be able to find a used command switch in decent shape on ebay or local auto salvage yard for probably about 1/2 the price of a new switch. This is the part number for the switch BHN1-66-CM0C

Latest posts

Back