Rim Colors, need your opinions.

Thanks guys. So I can also get this from the mazda part site:

attachment.php

Again can only see this in blue. But based on everything, Im gonna proably gonna go with the black mazda ones with the machine highlights, think its a decent combo....if I do really hate them, I can always sell or convert to snow tires with the right rubber.

attachment.php

I haven't noticed a "black rim craze". Said the guy with black rims. I don't think it's more popular now then it's ever been.
I think black looks good on black cars, red, white and orange cars. Saw some black rims on an orange Jeep recently that looked awesome. Doesn't go with grey, silver or blue. My opinions, of course.
I don't like pale silver rims on many cars. Dark silver or gunmetal look good on just about anything.
My favorite rims have 2 colors. Like the 16 GT factory rims. And the ones OP keeps teasing us with just above this post. LOL

I would not take a risk with some cheap chinese rims off tirerack. honestly, you're best off getting a set of reputable rims off the local classified ads

And I'm sorry, but this is just so wrong. Tirerack didn't get where they are today by selling crap. Tirerack is the only place to go imo, unless you want to spend serious money on rims $400+ each.
I put my rims in my Tirerack cart...and then I thought...I should give Firestone a chance to at least come close. I like to support local companies. So I called them. Very honest employee tells me: nah, just buy those and ship them here. Not going to lie, we get our rims from Tirerack, too.
I'm on my 3rd set of TR rims and I can't recommend them enough.

LOL yes, I know. They have been ordered ;) Will post pics once installed on in the show me you wheels thread!

me personally, I am not a fan of how silver rims look on a car with darker paint. it does pop, but I think not in a good way. the rim should somehow go with the colour of the car itself. I am a big fan of those Mazda aftermarket rims you posted. I like how they blend in with the paint while popping due to the chrome accents at the same time - looks great.

I would not take a risk with some cheap chinese rims off tirerack. honestly, you're best off getting a set of reputable rims off the local classified ads and inspecting them to make sure there are no cracks in the rim, etc. even if you do find replica rims, you can easily tell if they are road-worthy or not just by looking at the inside of the rim. even the 19" rims have a 55 series sidewall for the CX-5 which is plenty of cushion to protect even the worst replica rims from the worst roads, so I think you will be safe.

now that I think about it, you know what would look awesome on a machine-gray Mazda while also popping out? some nice bronze/gold JDM rims. those would go very nicely with your paint. my BMW is silver, and personally I like how silver rims look on a silver car. my summer rims are these chrome multi-spoke sporty rims, and they suit the silver paint nicely while also matching the chrome accents around the car. I think it's all about getting the right balance between rims that blend in but also pop at the same time.

Dude do you live under a rock? So many wheels are made in ROC/PRC a lot pf popular wheel brands you see around car groups.

Those are nice! A full on profile short would have been nicer. *hint

er maybe im a noob, but what do you mean? Its funny one member feels bad cause he doesnt like the rim on my color after praising the rim itself. I myself am still undicided. certain angels i like it, others im like I dunno about this black lol. I like it better than the oem spokes tho.

Doh. Didn't look at who posted. This is what I saw on mobile and thought that pic was what was being referred too.
e3f38db7253ae465583c5a6d86079ae9.jpg

Hmm personally I'm not feeling those wheels. For some reason it looks better in the photo posted above than it does on the actual car. I wasn't too big a fan of the pizza wheels that came on my car but these seems to be different slices of pizza haha If you keep them and don't like it you can maybe black it out.

Back