CX5 - LED fog light + turn signal

Mine arrived yesterday, got from a e-Bay vender in China of course. Sequential turn signals. I wired up outside the car, and they are exactly what I wanted. There is a GIF video near the bottom of his eBay page, but I found they actually start at one end and go all of the way across. Ordered on 01-22, received 02-02-19.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

s-l1600.jpg

I made a short 30 sec video of the lights installed/working, since they were different than the ones I had seen before. Wiring was pretty straight forward. tapped into the turn signal wires (red/White) and the DRL (hot) already on the car, and a ground, so the blinkers work all the time and the DRLs only come on at the same time, may change that. Hope this helps someone

Link to video https://youtu.be/opsZ6-vjpk4

Last edited:
Mine arrived yesterday, got from a e-Bay vender in China of course. Sequential turn signals. I wired up outside the car, and they are exactly what I wanted. There is a GIF video near the bottom of his eBay page, but I found they actually start at one end and go all of the way across. Ordered on 01-22, received 02-02-19.

s-l1600.jpg

these look nice!
thanks for the video much better than the OP's selection and timing on the blinkers are great! was it a hard install?

.....! was it a hard install?

Took off front engine shield loosened the sides and held them back with clamps and bungee cords. 3 screws in DRL (Fog Light), then 3 screws holding the stock plastic piece. Push down on clips starting from the most interior and work your way out. I used a dremel to cut a small groove in the stock foglight surround for the wires to come out. One other note, "slightly enlarge the holes in the plastic 2 places where stock screws go back into "a plastic tube" or you run the risk of it splitting. These are a harder ABS plastic than stock. After mounting the lights and hearing them snap in, make sure all tabs are pushed all the way in, insert screws and foglights, then run wiring. I ran it across the top next to the stock wiring harness, I also have lots of wiring harness tubing, then I zip tied it to the stock harness. Hope that make sense. I liked them because they look close to the stock led lights.

Last edited:
Took off front engine shield loosened the sides and held them back with clamps and bungee cords. 3 screws in DRL, then 3 screws holding the stock plastic piece. Push down on clips starting from the most interior and work your way out. I used a dremel to cut a small groove in the stock foglight surround for the wires to come out. One other note, "slightly enlarge the holes in the plastic 2 places where stock screws go back into "a plastic tube" or you run the risk of it splitting. These are a harder ABS plastic than stock. After mounting the lights and hearing them snap in, make sure all tabs are pushed all the way in, insert screws and foglights, then run wiring. I ran it across the top next to the stock wiring harness, I also have lots of wiring harness tubing, then I zip tied it to the stock harness. Hope that make sense. I liked them because they look close to the stock led lights.

Thanks so much for replying...this really does look pretty sick!

s-l1600.jpg

Haha, seller gave me a discount when I said I was referrred by the forum, I am looking forward it.(spin)

I told him I posted a link on the forum and he said he would give a discount for referrals, glad he remembered.

Aliexpress also has a 5 day anniversary sale going on now that lowers the price to around $78. I want them also!

I made a short 30 sec video of the lights installed/working, since they were different than the ones I had seen before. Wiring was pretty straight forward. tapped into the turn signal wires (red/White) and the DRL (hot) already on the car, and a ground, so the blinkers work all the time and the DRLs only come on at the same time, may change that. Hope this helps someone

Link to video https://youtu.be/opsZ6-vjpk4

can you share a pic where you tapped in the wires and where you mounted the black box?

Powered fog light function to the fog light (RED WIRE), I had it covered in wiring loom, but it's the same as the turn signal, just 2 wires. It will be obvious when you get there, or you can attach to the fuse box to a "key on" powered fuse. Mine come on when my fog lights are on, so I leave my lights in the ON position all the time and they auto cut off.

Wiring Loom going from right to left sides

index.php

Turn signal (Yellow & yellow/white wire): remove bulb, remove wires from plastic holders, cut off 1/2 inch OEM wire cover, attach T-tap to red/white wire

index.php

Ground box on right - Control box is attached to upward support with Velcro then a wire tie on the back side through an existing bolt hole
(picture no longer available)

Ground box on frame (Black wire)
(picture no longer available)

Fog Light Red wire to Red wire (you can run this wire to key on fuse in box)
index.php

Last edited:
I could not get a picture to the fog light (RED WIRE), since it was too far down and I had it covered in wiring loom, but it's the same as the turn signal, just 2 wires. It will be obvious when you get there, or you can attach to the fuse box to a "key on" powered fuse. Mine come on when my fog lights are on, so I leave my lights in the ON position all the time and they auto cut off.

Wiring Loom going from right to left sides
attachment.php

Turn signal (Yellow & yellow/white wire): remove bulb, remove wires from plastic holders (blue square), cut off 1/2 inch OEM wire cover, attach T-tap to red/white wire (red circle)
attachment.php

Ground box on right - Control box is attached to upward support with Velcro then a wire tie on the back side through an existing bolt hole
attachment.php

Ground box on frame (Black wire)
attachment.php

Thank you. I appreciate the effort you put into your pictures. Makes it a little easier to understand what to tap into

Finally got mine installed today. I was nervous about taking my entire bumper off, but I worked thru it. I don't have factory fogs, so I had to find the correct DRL line to tap in to. I'm happy with the final product. Ignore the engine sound in the video, my unclipped zipties were up against the radiator fan, they've since been clipped.

Last edited:
I knew they already had something or something was in the works, otherwise there would be no sense in putting that black out plate there. Someone in another country probably stole the proprietary information.

Back