CX5 - LED fog light + turn signal

Wow, those look cool!

I like the way they are white LED when driving and then turn amber when turning. Is there a way if you can find out WHERE he bought them?

I've already sent him a message so will update if he can remember. he's moved back to usa from japan so i'm not sure if he remembers where. If he's able to source or have someone get them I will keep you posted.

I've already sent him a message so will update if he can remember. he's moved back to usa from japan so i'm not sure if he remembers where. If he's able to source or have someone get them I will keep you posted.

Thanks, much appreciated. AliExpress sells a pair but it's probably a knock-off.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Flashing-LED-Daytime-Running-Lights-For-Mazda-cx-5-cx5-cx-5-2017-drl-fog/32843923700.html?spm=2114.12010108.1000013.1.14a210c7QIFzF0&traffic_analysisId=recommend_2088_1_90158_iswistore&scm=1007.13339.90158.0&pvid=e517875f-2b07-42c2-9784-8d86a8313e01&tpp=1

Hey @CX55GT how do you remove the fog light cover piece? I've been trying to remove it so I can tint my fogs but it won't come out :/

Hey @CX55GT how do you remove the fog light cover piece? I've been trying to remove it so I can tint my fogs but it won't come out :/

You have to remove the bumper bar or if you are agile enough, remove the lower splash tray and guard liners and do it from there.

Have you considered deactivating the front halogen turn signals (uhm)

That does look very cool but I'm having doubts if the cops in Australia would approve of these extra lights.

I don't want to be the one who finds out. (boom03)

That does look very cool but I'm having doubts if the cops in Australia would approve of these extra lights.

they fit so well that I don't think they mind. It probably goes unnoticed! Besides, they better off pulling over those commodores and falcons with illegal mufflers.

Disable the halogen ones and you should be ok

i accessed by taking a few of the bolts in the fender liner off and underneath splash tray as sergeyv mentioned. I actually had yellow film on my fogs prior to these lights. I just applied the film from outside w/o having to take off the cover/shroud.

i accessed by taking a few of the bolts in the fender liner off and underneath splash tray as sergeyv mentioned. I actually had yellow film on my fogs prior to these lights. I just applied the film from outside w/o having to take off the cover/shroud.

I assume you haven't tried them out yet in inclement weather to see if they make a difference (uhm)

I assume you haven't tried them out yet in inclement weather to see if they make a difference (uhm)

Being in Southern California we don't really get too much inclement weather so I haven't seen their effectiveness in actual fog but they are highly visible from oncoming traffic.

Being in Southern California we don't really get too much inclement weather so I haven't seen their effectiveness in actual fog but they are highly visible from oncoming traffic.

Understood

Any updates on those lights?

These look IDENTICAL to the ones you have.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Mazda-cx-5-cx5-cx-5-2017-Waterproof-12V-LED-CAR-DRL-Daytime-running-light/32839394043.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.7.424b3024u9Bs1I&traffic_analysisId=recommend_3035_null_null_null&scm=1007.13338.98539.000000000000000&pvid=c83dfcaa-49c1-4d2e-b418-3f0ac068ee8e&tpp=1

For-Mazda-cx-5-cx5-cx-5-2017-Waterproof-12V-LED-CAR-DRL-Daytime-running-light.jpg_50x50.jpg

Last edited:
I am going to go with this setup. It doesn't do the sequential light but it lights up in conjunction with the OEM turn signals.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Turn-Signal-style-Relay-Waterproof-12V-LED-CAR-DRL-Daytime-running-lights-fog-lamp-for-Mazda/32834489949.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.8.3d192b3cCSVFre&traffic_analysisId=recommend_3035_4_83054_iswinstore&scm=1007.13338.83054.0&pvid=b2deaf3e-6809-475e-8886-26ed03e4255c&tpp=1

It has been ordered and once I receive and install them, I will post the pics.

What's nice is that they are white LED DRLs and then become amber turn signals when activated.

Last edited:
Any updates on those lights?

sorry was out of the country on holiday but my friend says he can't remember the shop unfortunately. The ones you ordered look identical so it may be the same, keep us posted! I think the main difference would be the control box that controls the sequential turn signal/switchback.

I'll add the question of legality to the mix.

I know this is an old thread, but I have been looking at buying these for the past month (Probably biting the bullet today or tomorrow). Can't decide if I want the sequential or just the plain turn signals. As far as "law" in the US, there is a federal standard on how many lights you can have lit on the front of a vehicle at one time. That's the reason my Miata MX-5 factory fog lights turn off when the high beams are turned on. On the on hand, and as a retire Law Enforcement Officer, I can tell you I see all kinds of violations as far as lights go, that go completely unenforced. Blue HIDs as headlights or blue lights on a vehicle here is a big no-no, but still plenty of people running around with them. These look so stock, especially the double layer leds, I can't see it would be an issue unless the enforcement personnel was just looking to add violations Keep in mind some of these have 3 colors white drl, yellow turn signal and blue when the headlights are on. Your state law may vary.

Last edited:
Same here. I've been looking at these for a while and can't settle on a pair. One question I have is, Do they work in conjunction with the stock fog lights? As in my CX5 has the stock led fog lights. Are these plug and play and do not interfere with the fog lights?

I know this is an old thread, but I have been looking at buying these for the past month (Probably biting the bullet today or tomorrow). Can't decide if I want the sequential or just the plain turn signals. As far as "law" in the US, there is a federal standard on how many lights you can have lit on the front of a vehicle at one time. That's the reason my Miata MX-5 factory fog lights turn off when the high beams are turned on. On the on hand, and as a retire Law Enforcement Officer, I can tell you I see all kinds of violations as far as lights go, that go completely unenforced. Blue HIDs as headlights or blue lights on a vehicle here is a big no-no, but still plenty of people running around with them. These look so stock, especially the double layer leds, I can't see it would be an issue unless the enforcement personnel was just looking to add violations Keep in mind some of these have 3 colors white drl, yellow turn signal and blue when the headlights are on. You state law may vary.

I ended up with these lights. So far so good after almost 1 year. They are white when driving and then they flash in unison with the turn signals and turn amber.

One thing to remember is that these are NOT headlights, more of a daytime driving light, which is different than headlights. 99% of LEO would have no idea about the lights and violations

Attachments

• Daytime driving lights on.jpg
    Daytime driving lights on.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 272
  • Hazards on.jpg
    Hazards on.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Same here. I've been looking at these for a while and can't settle on a pair. One question I have is, Do they work in conjunction with the stock fog lights? As in my CX5 has the stock led fog lights. Are these plug and play and do not interfere with the fog lights?

They are wired independent of the OEM fog lights. I have found a couple of different wiring diagrams. Most prevalent is ignition on DRLs are on. I did find one set that had a wire to the headlights that cut the DRLs off when headlights were on. Blinkers worked on all the ones I looked at regardless of the drls. Think I am leaning towards the non-sequential turn signals, just like the mirrors. (spin)

Back