CX5 - LED fog light + turn signal

:
2017 CX5 AWD Touring
I found this setup. Looks pretty cool plus it isn't as expensive as OEM fogs. White DRL lights and then goes to amber & blinks when turn signal is on.

HTB1TwW2jRTH8KJjy0Fiq6ARsXXaf.jpg

HTB12l6ujTvI8KJjSspjq6AgjXXaP.jpg

My concern would be longevity & quality.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-styling-Running-Turn-Signal-style-Relay-Waterproof-LED-DRL-Daytime-running-lights-fog-lamp-For/32840077779.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.5.4904440cSlb6Ml&traffic_analysisId=recommend_3035_3_83054_iswinstore&scm=1007.13338.83054.0&pvid=6c528157-1199-411a-a15d-d713eb629117&tpp=1

Last edited:
For $80 bucks you're worried about longevity? Buy em, try em, and let us know. LOL

I'll add the question of legality to the mix.

As long as you are not removing the existing turn signal and using this in it's place there should not be a legal issue. It could vary by state, but i have never seen anyone have problems for adding additional brake or signal lights.

Watched the clip, the dynamic turn signals are slow through it's process.

Should be quicker like Audi & Lexus versions

As long as you are not removing the existing turn signal and using this in it's place there should not be a legal issue. It could vary by state, but i have never seen anyone have problems for adding additional brake or signal lights.

There are restrictions on the number of lights on a vehicle throughout Canada and the US, differing by province and state. It's unclear if these would count as two lights or more. I'm curious about them and would love to hear more.

That aftermarket DRL fog light/turn signal is a nice touch. It could go over as a factory piece, as I've seen other vehicles have that type of setup.

Those look awesome, perfect for a touring model without stock fogs too. But they do look like they blink too slow, like they're not in sync with the regular signals.

Those look awesome, perfect for a touring model without stock fogs too. But they do look like they blink too slow, like they're not in sync with the regular signals.

They are out of "sync" because they light up as a row, not all at once like the stock one.

I think it looks pretty cool. Is it 100% perfect, probably not, but it sure looks better than OEM fogs and for 1/3 of the price.

They are out of "sync" because they light up as a row, not all at once like the stock one.

I think it looks pretty cool. Is it 100% perfect, probably not, but it sure looks better than OEM fogs and for 1/3 of the price.
Have a look at Audi and Lexus versions. They work as they should and are much quicker

Ok ok. There is no need to yell.

Just saying it's a bit slow compared to what is out there. Looks nice but the slowness for me would be an issue. The led turn signals in the side mirrors are faster and looking from the front, the dynamic signals and the stock side mirror leds would look weird not working in close sequence.

Each to their own.

Last edited:
Got a set direct from Japan that look like the one on Lbear's link but mine blink differently.

See vid/photos on my Instagram: @cx555gt

The ones on aliexpress might be knockoffs with different control boxes? Regardless I love how seamless they fit into the slot next to the fog lights. VERY bright! You can wire them to not be constant as DRL and only come on w/ headlight as well for those who aren't allowed DRLs

Got a set direct from Japan that look like the one on Lbear's link but mine blink differently.

See vid/photos on my Instagram: @cx555gt

The ones on aliexpress might be knockoffs with different control boxes? Regardless I love how seamless they fit into the slot next to the fog lights. VERY bright! You can wire them to not be constant as DRL and only come on w/ headlight as well for those who aren't allowed DRLs

Those look much better as far as the sequential signals and timing. Got a link?

Also, will these work with the touring trim without fogs? I could drill a small hole for wires.

Those look much better as far as the sequential signals and timing. Got a link?

Also, will these work with the touring trim without fogs? I could drill a small hole for wires.

A buddy got them for me while in Japan so no link unfortunately. I'm not familiar w/ the trim with no fogs but I'd assume it's the same plastics and there is just a cover where the fog would go? It's two pieces: the long piece I replaced, then the fog shroud which you may just have a cover w/ no hole for the fog if that makes sense

A buddy got them for me while in Japan so no link unfortunately. I'm not familiar w/ the trim with no fogs but I'd assume it's the same plastics and there is just a cover where the fog would go? It's two pieces: the long piece I replaced, then the fog shroud which you may just have a cover w/ no hole for the fog if that makes sense

Do you have a screenshot? I don't have Instagram

Back