I'm worried about all the broken Mazdas on forums

Do people really not understand?

Okay....making it simple.

"Many people have posted on this forum. Sometimes they make threads about problems with their cars. They drive Mazda's. They make posts about problems with their Mazda vehicles. Other people read these posts. They own Mazdas. They are worried by these posts. They feel like many Mazdas must break, to cause these posts to be so numerous. They begin posting threads because they are worried.

I posted a thread they will click on. They will also click on the link. The link shows other owners who do not own Mazdas. These owners own Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles. Their forum is like this forum. People post problems. The people on the jeep forum post many more threads about problems than about positive things. The people on jeep forums post many more problems than the people on Mazda forums. I posted this thread to show people who post on Mazda forums that the Mazda car is a good car compared to others."

Simplified to "See Spot run" levels so more Mazda owners can benefit. Even the ones that would eat tide pods.

Last edited:

"Many people have posted on this forum. Sometimes they make threads about problems with their cars. They drive Mazda's. They make posts about problems with their Mazda vehicles. Other people read these posts. They own Mazdas. They are worried by these posts. They feel like many Mazdas must break, to cause these posts to be so numerous. They begin posting threads because they are worried.

I posted a thread they will click on. They will also click on the link. The link shows other owners who do not own Mazdas. These owners own Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles. Their forum is like this forum. People post problems. The people on the jeep forum post many more threads about problems than about positive things. The people on jeep forums post many more problems than the people on Mazda forums. I posted this thread to show people who post on Mazda forums that the Mazda car is a good car compared to others."

Simplified to "See Spot run" levels so more Mazda owners can benefit. Even the ones that would eat tide pods.

Even simpler.

Cars are mechanical. Mechanical things break. At some point your car may break, or not. In most cases keeping up with the maintenance, in general, will cause them to break less often.

The vast majority of people who post on car forums post because they have something to complain about. If you go on Honda or Toyota forums, you will find lots of "problems".

Last edited:
They drive Mazda's. They make posts about problems with their Mazda vehicles. Other people read these posts. They own Mazdas. They are worried by these posts. They feel like many Mazdas must break, to cause these posts to be so numerous. They begin posting threads because they are worried.
So who is "they"? Since when can you read other people's minds?
I'm on this forum. I bought a Mazda. I read about problems.......and I'm not the least bit worried.

People with problems, whether it's car issues, health issues, financial issues, whatever, will seek out answers.
No-one I know calls their doctor, or goes to the hospital, just to let them know they're feeling great and that they're not sick.

I was in the service business all my life, and no-one ever called in to customer support to tell us their machine was working great.

Same with forums. I'm on more than one, and yes, like you say, they are all basically the same.
People come on there to get answers to their problems, and sometimes just to brag about their cars. Great.
Does that mean we should assume that everyone else gets worried and that the sky is falling when they read about a problem? I don't think so.

I like my new car very much, and if and when there's a problem (which eventually there will be), I'll deal with it without getting my knickers in a knot......and I might make a post about it....lol.

Two things I am genuinely worried on my mazda are transmission and windshield. But overall I will consider the brand as an option again. I like the 6 and cx9. The 3 and cx3 ask for a lot of compromise.
Buying a late generation 1 might be a good decision for me. The gen 2 look is growing on me as well.

Lmfao. And the 2010 Jeep Cherokee isn’t a nice ride, it’s a pile of s***.

This forum has a few people say this from time to time. Let me put internet forums and broken stuff and other things into perspective. I used to drive a 2010 jeep grand Cherokee. Super nice ride, but...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/index1.html

Check out their general forum...

Every car is different. My friend bought highest trim level Grand C, last year 2017 Jan. By Jan 2018 he already exhausted 36,000 miles. Drives as a forest ranger in Alberta, CA. Extensive bad roads, etc. Till date not even 1 single issue has surfaced. Transmission: fine, suspension: fine, ride quality: like new, brakes: still 40% left. How I know? 'Cause he & I are best of friends. When it comes to off-road stuff especially in his area and cold weather, his car beats CX-5 in almost every angle. Last year - was there and saw it 1st. hand what that vehicle is capable of.

There's a lot that depends on the driver.

As a case in point - that same forest ranger service bought at the same time 3 same vehicles. 1 of which saw dealership 3 times already. The driver who drives that particular Grand Cherokee, used to drive a Jeep Patriot (all of them used to drive Jeep Patriot - which is what Alberta, CA exchanged for G. Cherokee in 2017). Guess what - that same guy's Jeep Patriot also used to suffer most!

I take all these forums and what people report - with a "big" grain of salt.

Last edited:
Lmfao. And the 2010 Jeep Cherokee isn’t a nice ride, it’s a pile of s***.

Nicer than anything Mazda has so far. It actually had live traffic. Remote start (without some faggy app). Real AWD. I miss it a ton except for the lack of reliability, it was a MUCH nicer vehicle. Mazda is like Chrysler circa 2005 in the amenities arena. They are just now figuring out laser cruise control and TRYING to do a NAV and remote start, but it's sucking.

Last edited:
Every car is different. My friend bought highest trim level Grand C, last year 2017 Jan. By Jan 2018 he already exhausted 36,000 miles. Drives as a forest ranger in Alberta, CA. Extensive bad roads, etc. Till date not even 1 single issue has surfaced. Transmission: fine, suspension: fine, ride quality: like new, brakes: still 40% left. How I know? 'Cause he & I are best of friends.

I take all these forums and what people report - with a "big" grain of salt.

Man, I get you, and I played that game when I bought mine. "Man, my friends, consumer reports, JD Power, the internet...crap. I'll be fine." WEll, I wasn't, lol. next car I bought, I made sure it was a CR pick, and so far I've been very happy with my CX5's reliability.

So who is "they"? Since when can you read other people's minds?
I'm on this forum. I bought a Mazda. I read about problems.......and I'm not the least bit worried.

People with problems, whether it's car issues, health issues, financial issues, whatever, will seek out answers.
No-one I know calls their doctor, or goes to the hospital, just to let them know they're feeling great and that they're not sick.

I was in the service business all my life, and no-one ever called in to customer support to tell us their machine was working great.

Same with forums. I'm on more than one, and yes, like you say, they are all basically the same.
People come on there to get answers to their problems, and sometimes just to brag about their cars. Great.
Does that mean we should assume that everyone else gets worried and that the sky is falling when they read about a problem? I don't think so.

I like my new car very much, and if and when there's a problem (which eventually there will be), I'll deal with it without getting my knickers in a knot......and I might make a post about it....lol.

One such post spurred by this forum: "
I’m very alarmed with all these transmission failures. Is it because of the added weight in the Cx-5 perhaps? My Mazda 6 has about 60k on it, and the transmission has been doing quite well.
"

Nicer than anything Mazda has so far. It actually had live traffic. Remote start (without some faggy app). Real AWD. I miss it a ton except for the lack of reliability, it was a MUCH nicer vehicle. Mazda is like Chrysler circa 2005 in the amenities arena. They are just now figuring out laser cruise control and TRYING to do a NAV and remote start, but it's sucking.

you act as if amenities and some stupid features are more important than overall reliability and driving experience. Why did you still end up buying a Mazda if jeeps are such amazing vehicles?

jeeps don't handle well, whether you are driving in a straight line or around a turn, build quality and materials is poor, reliability is poor, fuel efficiency and acceleration is poor for the power it makes on paper, they break all the time, but it has real-time AWD and remote start, so people are all over it. goes to show how doomed the north american market is as a whole.

That's what most forums are for, to try and get help for a problem.

@ unob...I have an idea: Why don't you start a thread asking everyone what they are worried or alarmed about?

I'll start:

I'm worried and alarmed about all the threads that start with the words "I'm genuinely worried about.......(fill in the blank)."

Your turn.

Back