TPMS -- any reason other than tire pressure off?

kardut

:
Virginia
:
'21 Sign. CX-5
Have a 2013 CX5, and lately the TPMS keeps going off. I've checked tires while cold, they're always at correct psi. I've followed all instructions to the letter about resetting the indicator, and the light will go off, but inevitably come back on after about 10 miles or so.

I know in this model the TPMS is tied into wheel speed and the ABS system. So I guess my question is could something else be affecting wheel speed/rotation other than tire pressure and triggering the TPMS? Or is it just the indicator that may be out of whack?

Could be a malfunctioning or broken abs sensor.
Yeah, thiss the most likely cause for OP. Its time-consuming and can be expensive to fix this problem.

OP, do you rotate your tires often? Do you have exactly the same tire at four corners? Check the tire tread depth and make sure theyre all equal.

Where is that old style sensor located? I've always had the internal style.
Front ABS wheel-speed sensor and sensor rotor:
ac5wzn00000945.gif

Rear ABS wheel-speed sensor and sensor rotor (2WD):
ac5wzn00000946.gif

Rear ABS wheel-speed sensor and sensor rotor (AWD):
ac5wzn00000254.gif

Thanks!
Are you saying those sensors are expensive or difficult to replace?
Each OEM ABS speed sensor may cost you $50. But the front one is different from the rear due to different wiring harness. For DIYer we need to buy a front and a rear ABS sensors to test out which one is bad.

Check loose wiring, and clean the area and ABS sensors could solve the issue too.

Back