Mazda made a pickup truck? TIL what was it called? No badge on the back.

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
I never knew that. Man, I don't know anything about this brand! Haha. Didn't know Ford owned a bug chunk for awhile. Just call me clueless.

0730c9f2def0aaed0e67968b2738b3c6.jpg

The Ford Courier pickup was a rebadged Mazda. Also, the Rangers in later years may have had Mazda engines. There was a lot of give and take then. A lot of Fords had Mazda stuff and Mazda’s had Ford stuff. Ford got a lot of technical education from Mazda right up to their current EcoBoost engines which are sometimes referred to as EcoBoom.

As far as I know, the only joint venture left between the two is a assembly plant in Thailand that makes pickups that are both Mazda and Ford badged.

In my opinion, Mazda has reinvented themselves by getting the Ford/Uaw monkey off their back.

The Ford Courier pickup was a rebadged Mazda. Also, the Rangers in later years may have had Mazda engines. There was a lot of give and take then. A lot of Fords had Mazda stuff and Mazda’s had Ford stuff. Ford got a lot of technical education from Mazda right up to their current EcoBoost engines which are sometimes referred to as EcoBoom.

As far as I know, the only joint venture left between the two is a assembly plant in Thailand that makes pickups that are both Mazda and Ford badged.

In my opinion, Mazda has reinvented themselves by getting the Ford/Uaw monkey off their back.

Mazda in the not too distant future is getting it's utes done by Isuzu

One of my uncles had a new B2600i back in '91 IIRC. I think the pre-EFI motors on this 2600 were made by Mitsubishi but the EFI in the 2600i was an actual Mazda motor.

I was checking to see if Isuzu had any connection to Toyota but didn’t find any. Only a small agreement with Subaru who is a part of the Toyota family albeit small.

Toyota purchased 5.9% of Isuzu in 2006.

I suppose if Mazda felt there was a market then they might bring some in. The segment is so crowded right now but I alway wonder if there might be some demand for a plain bare bones pickup truck? The prices are way out of whack. Imagine getting something for the upper teens $ ?

Interesting if those models show up in US. For those that don't remember Isuzu exited the passenger vehicle market in US in 2009... although the 2005-2009 were just rebranded GM products. My dad still drives his garaged 1993 Isuzu Trooper.

If they do return it will be truck/ute market.

We have their trucks here along with their ute (D-Max) and SUV (MU-X)

I suppose if Mazda felt there was a market then they might bring some in. The segment is so crowded right now but I alway wonder if there might be some demand for a plain bare bones pickup truck? The prices are way out of whack. Imagine getting something for the upper teens $ ?

Well Isuzu and GM (Holden) share utes (Isuzu D-Max/Holden Colorado) here. So that ute expertise will be transferred to Mazda.

Back