To LiquiMoly or to NOT liquimoly...That's the dilemma

MPZ

:
Mazda, 3, 2015, Hatch, 2.5
Got a big question....
So its about time I make the Oil Change on my car, although not sure what oil to use...
I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
Currently it has a Dealer Synthetic Oil and 9,500 miles (15,000km) with this particular oil... its about time to change it but not sure if I should use liquimoly or not...
Mazda 3, 2.5, 2015
The car has 46,700 miles (75,000km) overall..
Here are my doubts..
1st: Its it ok to use this oil on this engine?
2nd: If I change it... I cannot go back to the original oil?
3rd: Should I just stay with 0w-20 fully syntethic?
Please if you could answer this dilema for me will be greatly apreciated.
THanks!

Why not just use Mazda super-moly oil from the dealer. That seems like a no-brainer!

I’ve been using liqui moly 5w30 in my Mazda for the last several oil changes with good results. Will be switching to 5w40 for the next change.

This oil has good detergents for direct injection motors, so I recommend it. If you’re gonna stick with 0w20, it really doesn’t matter which brand you use. I also recommend taking a look into Motul oils.

1. Yes... Don't sweat it.
2. Not true.
3. Depends on your climate. For hot weather use 5w40. For cold weather and parking outdoors using 0w20.

2. Not true.
3. Depends on your climate. For hot weather use 5w40. For cold weather and parking outdoors using 0w20.

#3 Uh, no, not necessary. I'm fairly certain that Mazda tests its vehicles in desert conditions. Assuming oil passageways are designed for 0W20 oil, using thicker viscosity oil is probably not a good idea.

2. Not true.

Oh hi GJ-Molestor! How many banned accounts is that for you now? (cryhard)

#3 Uh, no, not necessary. I'm fairly certain that Mazda tests its vehicles in desert conditions. Assuming oil passageways are designed for 0W20 oil, using thicker viscosity oil is probably not a good idea.

Considering the amount of fantastic UOA's posted with 0w20 oil, seems like perhaps Mazda engineers know what they are doing. And yeah...5w40 is not called anywhere for the Skyactiv Mazdas...

Back