Infotainment Hack

Well I pulled the trigger and did the AIO tweak in my wife's 2016. She loves being able to connect to her phone via Android Auto. I added the speedo mod, but she does't really care for that. Oh well, it is her car.

I put the Speedo mod in. It's cool but I then removed it. It takes up a little memory and I'd rather let AA use all the memory it needs. Nothing conclusive that it helps though.

Most likely will do the same. I doubt she'll ever even look at that screen, so no sense in keeping it.

My wife let me know this morning that since I did the last tweak, there's a green bar along the bottom of the screen. She said it looks like something is loading. Any idea what this could be?

Thanks in advance!

After the system starts up and the "choice buttons" appear, the green bar would also appear. From then on, pretty much every screen except the speedo screen. Even on shut down the green bar would be the last thing to disappear. When she came back home from running her errands yesterday I was ready with a new setup for her system. When I went out and was getting ready to do the change, I noticed the green bar was all the way over to the right. I then looked at her fuel gauge and noticed it was full. Recalling what she said about how the bar looked like it was loading and not going all the way to the right, I went back in the house and asked if she had just filled up, which she did. Hmmm, could that bar be a fuel level reading, since there was a MPH indicator at the top right corner of her screen and also appeared on every screen too??

I went ahead with the new setup, leaving the speedo tweak, but changing some of the those settings. The finish product was, no green bar, still have the MPH indicator on the right corner of the status bar, smaller choice buttons and the speedo screen can be toggled from analog to digital. (The toggle may have been possible before the last change and I just noticed it.) Still pretty cool.

One could actually play around with the AIO settings quite a bit. For now I'm going to leave it be. Or will I?

Back