How-To - Oil Pressure Sensor?

:
CX-9 GT AWD
Hello!

New to this forum, looking for some help! I searched but didn't find anything pertaining to the oil sensor switch...

Appears mine has some leaking around it. Light comes on at idle, but not at speed so i'm pretty certain that the sensor is the issue...

Am i looking at it right that i need to remove the compressor to get to that sensor? Does anyone have a how-to on removing the compressor?

Thanks!

Hello!

New to this forum, looking for some help! I searched but didn't find anything pertaining to the oil sensor switch...

Appears mine has some leaking around it. Light comes on at idle, but not at speed so i'm pretty certain that the sensor is the issue...

Am i looking at it right that i need to remove the compressor to get to that sensor? Does anyone have a how-to on removing the compressor?

Thanks!

How old is your car? How many miles? What oil weight are you using?

I'm afraid you might have a much bigger issue than a bad switch. It is normal for the oil pressure to drop at idle, but it shouldn't fall below ~20 psi (or so, not sure the exact spec on these motors). Just because it goes off at higher RPMs doesn't mean all is well - you might have below spec pressure at higher RPMs, but the "idiot light" only comes on when there is very little oil pressure.

I'd get someone to hook up a mechanical oil pressure gage and see where you stand.

Hello!

Thanks!

Don't play around with that... you could end up with a spun rod end bearing in no time. If your car is warrantied (sorry no year in your vehicle type) take it in. Check your oil level of course, and if you haven't in a while, change it because your filter could be at capacity. On that note, I'm moving this because this sub forum is for how to guides.

Back