Msp #361 found!

IzzyDeWolf

:
2003 Mazdespeed Protege
I ended up picking up MSP #361 from a local used car dealer here in South Carolina for $1,500. It looks, feels and sounds to be in pretty good condition, minus needing a few small dings removed, fix the automatic door locks on the drivers door, the trunk won't open the the trunk latch, (gotta use the key), a deep engine bay cleaning (might as well take it apart and clean the internals while it's out of the car and check for damage too) and a fresh paint job, but otherwise it's all good. I do really want to rip out the entire alarm system though... I'll keep everything updated here whenever I do anything new with her!
28034557_10211604794260954_768263557_o.png

Last edited:
Hey everyone, got the trunk latch working. turns out the plastic switch in the trunk was broken so it would move and click, but the other side of the switch wouldn't actually throw the lock.

Just spent the morning flushing the heater core. With all the rust that came out, I though I wouldn't have a heater core anymore.

Looking good. I’d get new front headlights and tint the windows.

Do some fluid changes, spark plugs service, air filter change, etc little things like that

I'm actually working on sanding and polishing the headlights right now. seeing if i can just bring these ones back to life. i've got all the yellow off of them now, just need some finer grit sand paper (some 1000 and 2000 should finish up my sanding) and then polish them out with my buffer.

You can turn down the sensitivity of the alarm system, there is a little box with a knob under the driver's side of the dash

Back