Climate system on 2015 CX 5

giphy.gif

Uno, I find you quite interesting, but life is too short to feel the way you do about your CX-5. After nine months with mine, I enjoy every drive I take with it. The purchase of this car was to reward myself for finishing my degree at the ripe old age of 5X (you fill in the blank) and I am living life to the fullest. That is, when I can get away from work... ;)

Nicely said, I'm 5X as well and I see my new car as a reward for paying off my mortgage. I love my car. My better half is very happy about it as well. He keeps remarking that it's no longer a manual transmission!

IskIE

Nicely said, I'm 5X as well and I see my new car as a reward for paying off my mortgage. I love my car. My better half is very happy about it as well. He keeps remarking that it's no longer a manual transmission!

IskIE

And that is all that matters!

Back to airflow - I think there is a safety requirement to have some airflow into the car to "pressurize the cabin" and avoid exhaust gas seeping back into the car from the tailgate/trunk or exhaust leak and putting you to permanent sleep with carbon monoxide. Even on recirculate I think you get some air coming in but it may be diverted to your feet and not noticable.

The fresh air on mine comes from the side vents or the defrost area. As I set the system to upper and floor vents I get warmed from below but the fresh air is coming at head level.

IskIE

We had 2 Lexus vehicles... don't miss them. Boring to drive. Wife went from 350 RX to CX-3 GT and she loves it.. she had the pick of any car she wanted, and that is what she wanted. She has a Miata too. I got rid of my RX 350 in favor of my CX-5 - love it. Is it perfect, no. But the only thing i didn't test drive in the same size class was the Porche, and that was not going to happen.

If I thought a car was terrible i would sell it and buy something else. We spend to much time in our vehicles to think of them as refrigerators.

Uno, I find you quite interesting, but life is too short to feel the way you do about your CX-5. After nine months with mine, I enjoy every drive I take with it. The purchase of this car was to reward myself for finishing my degree at the ripe old age of 5X (you fill in the blank) and I am living life to the fullest. That is, when I can get away from work... ;)

I honestly don't know what I'd replace it with at current. It's doing it's job (being a cheap appliance) admirably. I drive a LOT for work, and I am reaping savings. Maybe once I pay for some other things, I'll dump it and get something nicer that I enjoy driving.

Last edited:
Back