CX9 2017 wouldn't start

:
Honda Prelude 2001
So this happen twice now in the past few days.

Trying to start the car and the engine would not turn, the panel will display a messaging telling me to depress on brake but that what I was doing. Engine light is on so something is wrong.

The car did start when my friend used a booster cable to jump start the car. What is odd is, the car had battery cause everything else was working even the entertainment system and i was still able to control the windows.

Not sure if this is the cause or not but both time, the car was parked and power off, then i press the power on once so i can listen to the radio while i wait. Would the battery drain so quickly with-in less than 10mins of having the radio on?

I would definitely report the issue to the dealer, doesn't sound right. When this happened, did you try turning the car completely off, locking the doors, then unlocking and trying to start as normal?

bring the car in tomorrow to the dealer to have it look at.

Tried your suggestion and it didn't work either. For some reason the first time, I googled and someone mention to hold the key to the start button to start the car and i don't know if that was the fix or not but it worked that time. Tried the same thing today and it didn't work.

I would definitely report the issue to the dealer, doesn't sound right. When this happened, did you try turning the car completely off, locking the doors, then unlocking and trying to start as normal?
Do you work for Microsoft? :)

Do you work for Microsoft? :)

Or Tesla. On my wife's Tesla if something is not working properly that is what you do. You can reboot the main screen and the instrument panel screen. And we have to do it a lot. AC stops working-Reboot, the door handles don't present-Reboot, the mirrors don't unfold-Reboot, the radio freaks out-Reboot, etc.... It's really not that bad though. It only takes a bout 20 seconds and can be done while driving. Although the first time you do it while driving is a little nerve-racking.

bring the car in tomorrow to the dealer to have it look at.

Tried your suggestion and it didn't work either. For some reason the first time, I googled and someone mention to hold the key to the start button to start the car and i don't know if that was the fix or not but it worked that time. Tried the same thing today and it didn't work.

You hold the key fob to the start button if the battery in the fob is dead. If the fob battery isn't your issue, that won't help. And jump starting wouldn't matter.

If your car would only start if you jumped it, then it sounds like the car battery is the issue. Should it last more than 1 year? Yes. Should occasional radio listening in ACC mode kill the battery THAT bad? No. But sometimes batteries, or anything, doesn't last for its average useful life.

You hold the key fob to the start button if the battery in the fob is dead. If the fob battery isn't your issue, that won't help. And jump starting wouldn't matter.

If your car would only start if you jumped it, then it sounds like the car battery is the issue. Should it last more than 1 year? Yes. Should occasional radio listening in ACC mode kill the battery THAT bad? No. But sometimes batteries, or anything, doesn't last for its average useful life.

personally, I think batter/alternator issues on a practically brand-new car like this is ridiculous. my friends 2012 Acura wouldnt start after playing music in it with the engine shut off for about an hour. but listening to the radio for 10 minutes which leads to your car not starting? unacceptable. my 2011 5 series 528i with almost 80k miles on it has yet to encounter any sort of electric/battery issue.

personally, I think batter/alternator issues on a practically brand-new car like this is ridiculous. my friends 2012 Acura wouldnt start after playing music in it with the engine shut off for about an hour. but listening to the radio for 10 minutes which leads to your car not starting? unacceptable. my 2011 5 series 528i with almost 80k miles on it has yet to encounter any sort of electric/battery issue.

I agree, but a defective part is a defective part. It's possible that Rice's battery is just defective. It's possible that the alternator on his CX-9 is defective as well. Could also be something else. I wouldn't condemn the car or manufacturer for a defective battery unless they pulled a Samsung and put cheap batteries in all of the CX-9s.

I'm not saying the battery shouldn't last. But just because it's a year old doesn't mean that it can't be a battery issue. Sometimes, parts are defective.

Update: battery was replaced because of 1 bad cell. Engine light was on because communication was lost? Didn't understand that part.

Maybe the CEL appears because the system recognizes that there are inadequate cranking amps (CA) or cold cranking amps (CCA)? No idea, but good to hear that you got it sorted.

Back