Insurance Ripoffs

In Ohio, we just call that: ice.

well, there are many different types and qualities of ice. the ice on the river in my back yard would be atrocious to ice skate on, but its still by definition ice.

some of use prefer a bit more descriptive qualities for certain things in life.

both budweiser and Super Session #8 are beers, but only one is fit for human consumption. the other is best for marinating meats.

:)

well, there are many different types and qualities of ice. the ice on the river in my back yard would be atrocious to ice skate on, but its still by definition ice.

both budweiser and Super Session #8 are beers, but only one is fit for human consumption. the other is best for marinating meats.

I wouldn’t pour any AB product on meat. Why ruin fine beef?

I wouldn’t pour any AB product on meat. Why ruin fine beef?

lol. every now and then a recipe will call for a "light lager" to be added.

in my case i grab a PBR tallboy... what i don't need goes down the drain.

having said that, you use beer to tenderize tough meat... so not sure if i'd call it "fine" to begin with.

;)

Last edited:
Having been overseas for some time I have come to respect a number of beers and Bud and Miller are considered not fit for consumption by many. Support your local micro beer operator if possible.

Having been overseas for some time I have come to respect a number of beers and Bud and Miller are considered not fit for consumption by many. Support your local micro beer operator if possible.
Light beers are not for people who like beer, it’s for folks who just enjoy peeing a lot

Probably more for cooking hot dogs in ;)

Haha- bingo!

BnB..funny: up at my brother's last wknd and I said who's PBR is this..oh that's Doug's- good American- I'm like wtf VT's not part of America now? I lean right as you may have inferred he's... well he's a PBR drinker! Although I'll contend that's more to impress his redneck friends:)

Haha- bingo!

BnB..funny: up at my brother's last wknd and I said who's PBR is this..oh that's Doug's- good American- I'm like wtf VT's not part of America now? I lean right as you may have inferred he's... well he's a PBR drinker! Although I'll contend that's more to impress his redneck friends:)

PBR was my go-to when i was a young lad in my early 20s. then one night my stomach simply said "enough!"

now even the smell gives me a headache.

but i still admire that little blue ribbon that clings to the brown bottles.

VT is an odd state... very crunchy and liberal.... but everyone owns a gun too.

Here there is ice you see: ice.
And ice you don't: black ice.

Similar to your beer analogy:

both budweiser and Super Session #8 are beers

Super Session #8: Beer
Budweiser: Beer flavored water.

Here there is ice you see: ice.
And ice you don't: black ice.

Same here. Never heard of glare ice before this board.

As for those beer flavored waters, this is where they come from:

WsYkb.jpg

There are too many variables to accurately compare insurance premium rate between drivers. Region, history, car, mile driven etc. Generally one is higher risk in the eyes of the company if you get a policy through one of their branches.

As for politics, companies have not yet figured out that people are shifting their allegiance and spending to align with their political slant or belief. Same goes for celebrities, sports, and on.

glare ice
nounNORTH AMERICAN
smooth, glassy ice.

As already stated. Ice has many different qualities, just like beer.

There are too many variables to accurately compare insurance premium rate between drivers. Region, history, car, mile driven etc. Generally one is higher risk in the eyes of the company if you get a policy through one of their branches.

As for politics, companies have not yet figured out that people are shifting their allegiance and spending to align with their political slant or belief. Same goes for celebrities, sports, and on.

Yep. I think that this is somewhat a new thing, too, at least, in recent years. People are becoming more and more prone to "follow the money trail", and the product may not even be the selling point, in some cases.

I have a two car discount and married, combined full coverage is $450 every six months, the CX 5 share- $175(dance)

My new car insurance renewal rate for March? $166.72/month

Male, 27, no tickets since 2010, and last major claim in 2015 (all paid for by the guilty SOB who rear ended me though). Only vehicle, and I'm the only driver.

My previous rate was $145. Which was previously $135 before I brought my comp. deductible down.

This sucks.

Alright, who's got a better rate...who's got a worse rate?
Hmm, $ 166 a month is a very small amount. I recently signed a contract with the guys from generalliabilityinsure.com and they convinced me that 350 bucks is the smallest payout possible for my contract. By the way, perhaps the fact is that we have completely different contracts and it is because of this that different prices. My contract implies that my insurance company will pay all my expenses in any incidents, even if my fault is proved. Actually 350 dollars is not so much for such a contract, because many of my signposts pay 700 dollars each. Imagine 700 bucks for insurance!

Last edited:
$1k a year for full coverage on my 19 CX-5 and liability only on my 95 f150. Through Allstate along with home insurance.

Last edited:
Back