Poor Replacement Parts

twoshey

:
CX-9 GT
I was extremely happy with my 2018 CX-9GT till on her 1 month anniversary she lit up like a Christmas Tree. Took it to where I bought it (50 miles away) and when I got there no lights. They said they couldn't find anything wrong. 2 days later Christmas tree again. This time I took it to a closer dealer 1 mile. They say its a wheel sensor. 3 weeks later still no replacement part, back ordered till end of the month. If it comes in then it will be 6 weeks for a part. Thats a damn shame and makes me second guess getting a Mazda. Brand new car has a wheel sensor fail in one month of ownership and no replacement parts, that sucks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• failures 2.jpg
    failures 2.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 626
  • failures 1.jpg
    failures 1.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 676
  • failures 3.jpg
    failures 3.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 601
Last edited:
I was extremely happy with my 2018 CX-9GT till on her 1 month anniversary she lit up like a Christmas Tree. Took it to where I bought it (50 miles away) and when I got there no lights. They said they couldn't find anything wrong. 2 days later Christmas tree again. This time I took it to a closer dealer 1 mile. They say its a wheel sensor. 3 weeks later still no replacement part, back ordered till end of the month. If it comes in then it will be 6 weeks for a part. Thats a damn shame and makes me second guess getting a Mazda. Brand new car has a wheel sensor fail in one month of ownership and no replacement parts, that sucks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Taking a photo or video of the problem, like you did, is always a good bet to keep the dealer from saying "We couldn't replicate the problem." You can just show them.

But why is there such a backlog on the part? Is this a widespread issue? I haven't seen it posted here before.

That actually happened to our Odyssey (6 days after buying and it was fixed immediately. I would demand a loaner till they fix the car. Those things always go bad when you change your tires as well.

In my opinion a good dealer will take part off a new inventory vehicle and fix the customers vehicle, especially with a vital safety item such as this. Perhaps you can mention this to the dealer?

In my opinion a good dealer will take part off a new inventory vehicle and fix the customer’s vehicle, especially with a vital safety item such as this. Perhaps you can mention this to the dealer?

No, a good dealer would absolutely not do this. A loaner would be the correct way to handle this

Well yesterday I emailed Corporate and they did all apologies blah blah blah. She said she will look in to it and try to expedite a part if she can find one. Gave me a $100 gift cert toward service or accessories to try to make me happy. We'll see what happens in the next few days.

In my opinion a good dealer will take part off a new inventory vehicle and fix the customer’s vehicle, especially with a vital safety item such as this. Perhaps you can mention this to the dealer?

They will not do this, and I would suspect, cannot legally do this if they want to sell that car as new. Unless, perhaps, we were talking about floor mats.

Why not? Whats wrong with taking an abs wheel sensor off a new car to get a customers vehicle up and going, and then put the new part on the new car? Wouldnt younrather have your car to drive rather than some loaner?

Why not? What’s wrong with taking an abs wheel sensor off a new car to get a customer’s vehicle up and going, and then put the new part on the new car? Wouldn’t younrather have your car to drive rather than some loaner?

Because the car they modified would no longer be a new vehicle. They have specific loaner cars for this purpose.

Modified? By putting the same part back on that was taken off? You do realize that many new cars need repairs before theyre sold, right?

Again, no dealer is going to take a critical part off of a stock unit. Something like mats, etc., yeah, but not an ABS sensor

Modified? By putting the same part back on that was taken off? You do realize that many new cars need repairs before theyre sold, right?

I don't think a dealer would borrow an electronic part off of a new car but you are correct in that repairs are sometimes done to new cars.

New cars are sometimes damaged during transport or on the dealer lot and are repaired with the buyer never knowing. The law doesn't require the dealer to disclose this unless it exceeds a certain amount.

I once worked at a new car dealership and saw it often. We even got a hail storm once resulting in every new car looking like a golf ball. What a nightmare! Each and every one of 10's of thousands of dimples had to be repaired. Customers never knew.

You are also putting a 'used' part on the car at that point. This could be seen as a liability if the part is not intended to be reused once removed.

I asked if a dealer could swap out a center console with another car on my wife's last car and was told no. Lots of reasons given including recall issues. They know what parts go on each car. So they can issue recalls correctly.

Back