Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wouldn't it be nice...

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Puyapim View Post
    The upcoming CX-X is a wagon from all the photos I’ve seen and a good looking one at that.
    Photos?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Photos?

They’re out there.

Registered Member

2013 CX-5 Touring FWD; 2013 BMW Z4 35i

The upcoming CX-X is a wagon from all the photos Ive seen and a good looking one at that.
    I have yet to see any report of the CX-X being anything other than a CX-7 replacement to slot between CX-5 and CX-9. That's SUV/CUV territory no matter what you think you're seeing in the renderings!

Registered Member

I have to disagree. There is a big aversion to wagons in the US. VW’s Alltrak and Allroad, Subaru Outback, Mazda CX-9, and a few others are wagons. Today’s wagons are not the giant low slung monsters of yesterday.

Yes, calling them crossovers lessens the pain. For me, a SUV is a body on frame build or a large body vehicle like the Yukon, Expedition, Sequoia etc. That is just my thinking.

The 3 seat wagon crossover market is growing and the CX-X should be in the running if Mazda does it right.

Registered Member

2017 Cx-5 GT AWD

If my 4 year old has to use her knees to get herself into the car then in my eyes is not a wagon. She was able to step into the mazda3 when she was 3 but has to climb into the RDX and the CX-5.

I was in the market for a wagon before I got the CX-5 (I traded in the Mazda3 hatch) but no matter what brand the wagon was more expensive than the sedan version AND the equivalent sized CUV.

3 Series Sport wagon starts at 44,600.
    X3 is 42,650.
    Plain ole 330 is $42,250 with xdrive.

I don't think many would pay more for a smaller car (non-sport car) within the same brand. When I bought the Mazda3 the HB version was only a few hundred more than the sedan.

If the wagon was priced the same as the CUV I would have taken the wagon but I'm just one of those that would also take a mini-van over a 3 row cross-over
    Last edited by Dimcorner; 02-13-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dimcorner View Post
    If my 4 year old has to use her knees to get herself into the car then in my eyes is not a wagon. She was able to step into the mazda3 when she was 3 but has to climb into the RDX and the CX-5.

I was in the market for a wagon before I got the CX-5 (I traded in the Mazda3 hatch) but no matter what brand the wagon was more expensive than the sedan version AND the equivalent sized CUV.

3 Series Sport wagon starts at 44,600.
    X3 is 42,650.
    Plain ole 330 is $42,250 with xdrive.

I don't think many would pay more for a smaller car (non-sport car) within the same brand. When I bought the Mazda3 the HB version was only a few hundred more than the sedan.

If the wagon was priced the same as the CUV I would have taken the wagon but I'm just one of those that would also take a mini-van over a 3 row cross-over

An interesting way of differentiating between a wagon and anything else.

Registered Member

2017 Cx-5 GT AWD

An interesting way of differentiating between a wagon and anything else.
    Well that's what I use and it generally works. I don't have hard fast rules for minor things in life like classing a car. I could very well change my mind on how to categorize something and I'm cool with it.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

I have to disagree. There is a big aversion to wagons in the US. VWs Alltrak and Allroad, Subaru Outback, Mazda CX-9, and a few others are wagons. Todays wagons are not the giant low slung monsters of yesterday. .
    Depends on where you live. There have been a boatload of Outbacks everywhere I've lived for the past 20 years [mountains/snow zones]. The much more expensive marques, too. Many factors go into a buying decision, not just general body style/shape.

That's the first time I've heard anyone call the CX-9 a "wagon". A lot of people [most?] would call it a CUV [crossover] -- a unibody, tall, AWD vehicle-- the thing in between a tall body-on frame-4WD "real" SUV and a "wagon".

The more choices the better!

Focus ST, Outback XT Limited

The Outback has gotten taller and taller over the years, with the seating position becoming more upright too. From 2009 on, you could almost call it a crossover. That's probably why it still sells well. I've only seen one Alltrack on the road ever, and part of the problem with it is that it's a bit overpriced.

Registered Member

Suzuki SX4

Quote Originally Posted by RG_Flyer View Post
    CX-5 or Wagon. Whichever they deem suitable for a manual transmission.
    Hell to the yes brotha!

AWD Mazda 6 wagon with a stick...sign me up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12