2015 Mazda CX5 diesel engine start trouble, Transmission thump while stop

:
CX-5 Diesel
G'day,

I'm experiencing a few strange issues recently and somehow I don't trust my local Mazda dealer's service... so I would like to do a few research before walking into the dealer's service center.

My vehicle is 2015 CX5 2.2 Diesel, 110,000km on the odo.

Last month the weather became colder (10degC), I've experienced that the engine couldn't stay alive after crank. I would enter the car and start the engine as per norm, after the engine cranks over, it would serge a little and then dies. Tried it a second time and it starts up fine.

Then a few days later, my Engine Check Light and TPM light came on at the same time. I bought it into the dealer and they said it the car is showing a code which indicates the MAP sensor is faulty.
They've replaced the sensor and the vehicle behaved fine for a few days.

Recently, after the MAP sensor has been replaced for a week, I've noticed my vehicle stayed in "Stop Start" prep mode very often, ie not "Stop Start" enabled green, but the telltale is completely off. At the same time, noticed engine start in the morning is difficult, like this morning, engine cranked over, caught ignition for few second and stopped. Just like before the MAP sensor was replaced.

----------------
With the transmission, noticed when I switch the "Stop Start" off, when taking off from stop, while in D, I could hear and feel a thump from the transmission engaging.
For example, press and hold the "Stop Start" button to disable "Stop Start" functionality, vehicle in Drive, but stationary with foot on the brake. Lift foot off brake and could feel and hear a thump from transmission and vehicle moved off slowly.

Does any one has the same experience as me described above? Could this be the MAP or MAF sensor? Or got something to do with the exhaust partical filter?

G'day,

I'm experiencing a few strange issues recently and somehow I don't trust my local Mazda dealer's service... so I would like to do a few research before walking into the dealer's service center.

My vehicle is 2015 CX5 2.2 Diesel, 110,000km on the odo.

Last month the weather became colder (10degC), I've experienced that the engine couldn't stay alive after crank. I would enter the car and start the engine as per norm, after the engine cranks over, it would serge a little and then dies. Tried it a second time and it starts up fine.

Then a few days later, my Engine Check Light and TPM light came on at the same time. I bought it into the dealer and they said it the car is showing a code which indicates the MAP sensor is faulty.
They've replaced the sensor and the vehicle behaved fine for a few days.

Recently, after the MAP sensor has been replaced for a week, I've noticed my vehicle stayed in "Stop Start" prep mode very often, ie not "Stop Start" enabled green, but the telltale is completely off. At the same time, noticed engine start in the morning is difficult, like this morning, engine cranked over, caught ignition for few second and stopped. Just like before the MAP sensor was replaced.

----------------
With the transmission, noticed when I switch the "Stop Start" off, when taking off from stop, while in D, I could hear and feel a thump from the transmission engaging.
For example, press and hold the "Stop Start" button to disable "Stop Start" functionality, vehicle in Drive, but stationary with foot on the brake. Lift foot off brake and could feel and hear a thump from transmission and vehicle moved off slowly.

Does any one has the same experience as me described above? Could this be the MAP or MAF sensor? Or got something to do with the exhaust partical filter?

First thing I would do is have the battery load tested. IStop will be affected if the battery is low, and other electronic controls may also not work as expected. If you have good battery stores over there they will usually test a battery for free or a small charge.

Maybe the cold weather has affected the battery, even though it should last longer than 2 years if maintained properly. If the test shows it is failing, talk to the dealer as they may offer a replacement under warranty.

sounds like a weak battery to me. change it.

does your transmission shift jerky or funny when the car is cold? try changing your transmission fluid as well.

Back