Backup camera water droplets

F1Luva92

Every time it rains my 2017 CX-9 backup camera is useless because there are water droplets all over it. Tried Rainex but no difference. HELP?

I don't care for the CX-9 rear camera. It's not as clear as the one in my old car. That fisheye lens is grainy and the sides are out of focus, annoying.

As far as water drops, I don't have a solution. I just thought I'd jump on the bitchwagon and throw in my 2 cents. /:)

Every time it rains my 2017 CX-9 backup camera is useless because there are water droplets all over it. Tried Rainex but no difference. HELP?

Maybe construct some sort of small plastic awning and place it over the top so the water flows off it and misses the camera completely

The rain drops are bad enough.

The lens flare is what kills me. Backing up in any direction facing the sun is pretty much impossible.

One of the big misses.

The rain drops are bad enough.

The lens flare is what kills me. Backing up in any direction facing the sun is pretty much impossible.

One of the big misses.

Wow. I didn't realise this. Do you have any photos to show us please (uhm) Would like to see them so I can try and compare.

Wow. I didn't realise this. Do you have any photos to show us please (uhm) Would like to see them so I can try and compare.

I'll see what I can capture, but given the local weather it might be a couple of days :)

I'm not sure if it is due to the angle the camera is at (capturing more of the sun than it might), the elevation the sun is currently at in the morning/evening (winter time in New England), or just bad optics.

I've adjusted the brightness, contrast, and saturation settings on it to no avail. I'm getting much better at using my mirrors again :)

FWIW - I've used backup cameras in an '11 Honda Pilot, '12 Acura MDX, '14 and '17 Grand Cherokees in the same and similar situations with no problems.

That's usually something (the overexposure) that can be helped with a software update. Please report it to Mazda.

I'll see what I can capture, but given the local weather it might be a couple of days :)

I'm not sure if it is due to the angle the camera is at (capturing more of the sun than it might), the elevation the sun is currently at in the morning/evening (winter time in New England), or just bad optics.

I've adjusted the brightness, contrast, and saturation settings on it to no avail. I'm getting much better at using my mirrors again :)

FWIW - I've used backup cameras in an '11 Honda Pilot, '12 Acura MDX, '14 and '17 Grand Cherokees in the same and similar situations with no problems.

Thank you :)

Maybe it's just your camera. Try and see if you can borrow a dealer CX-9 and see if it's the same

That's usually something (the overexposure) that can be helped with a software update. Please report it to Mazda.

Thank you :)

Maybe it's just your camera. Try and see if you can borrow a dealer CX-9 and see if it's the same

Me and the local Mazda dealership, and Corporate, are already into on a totally separate issue already. They don't like me very much already.

It's on my punch list to fight through with them.

Back