2018 CX-5 GT - New front & rear lower bumper trim

:
2018 CX-5 GT
Hi Folks,

I ordered some stainless steel lower bumper trim and was told it would be about 4-6 weeks from China for delivery.

Well, it only took just under two weeks from order for them to arrive.
The quality is first rate, much stronger then expected.
There is a very thin black rubber v strip over the top edge, where it meets the bumper, so it doesn't scratch, etc.

Installation took about 10 minutes for the front and the same again, for the back. ( four stainless steel screws & five for the back.)
I also added several spots of clear silicone inside the trim, to ensure no vibration, if any, would cause them to come undone.

The main consideration in having a roll of masking tape to attach to the bumper and new trim, so placement and positioning is perfect.
Then you can drill a pilot hole and screw each one on, without worrying about any movement.

When you consider that the plastic silver trims cost about $800-900 a set, plus installation, these stainless steel trims cost me $172.00 AUD for the set ............ and l'm very happy with how they look.

Images attached.

Your thoughts?

cx5 front.jpg
cx5 rear.jpg

https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/k1cAAOSwbF1Z8uzS/s-l225.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great and adds a nice contrast to break up the black just a bit.
Stay cool down there. I read something about a heat wave.

not bad, but I think that the rear-end looks a bit too busy. I was busy admiring the lovely area you live in anyways.... f*ck canada and all this snowy cold weather.

OE ones use bolts and nuts. They are invisible from outside.
The eBay ones use screws from outside.
Correct me if I was was wrong... just looking at the pictures.

If you check out BMW X5s, their bumper trims look very similar to the OE ones.

OE ones use bolts and nuts. They are invisible from outside.
The eBay ones use screws from outside.
Correct me if I was was wrong... just looking at the pictures.

If you check out BMW X5s, their bumper trims look very similar to the OE ones.

Correct, l wasnt keen to have just the screws, so l added spot silicone throughout.

Back