Hid Foglights

Jaadamz625

:
Mazda cx5
Today I put Hids in the headlights. Planned on putting them in the foglights also but as I figured the hid bulbs are to long for the fog light housing. The bulb hits the deflectors. Is there a easy fix for this? I was thinking of drilling a hole through the deflector but the housings will have to be removed for that and I do not want to take off the bumper or actually have to remove the housings. There is not room to even do any work to the housing with them installed. What has been done to install hids into the fog? Any help would be awesome. Open to all opinions! Thanks !

I have purchased, a cheap $23 projector set from Amazon and installed H11 HID bulbs. Though, I still need to modify the spacers, to fit better in the opening, it's a bit off center.

Oh okay... This would be the first car I have had where Hid bulbs do not fit. Its typical though. So anyway if I were to purchase these... https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Would they fit into the stock housings? Just a lense swap? Take the stock light housing out and swap these into the outer housing or would they have to be modded to work?

It sais that is direct fit.
It looks like what I have purchased, but on mine, I did not have those black plastic pieces, to mount them. I had to make them myself, out of metal.
There is an LED fog light kit from Morimoto, maybe you would like that as well. Bulbs are not replaceable, though.

Took the fog lights out today ( 3 mounting screws). Passenger side was a PITA to get out with the washer bottle in the way. Took them out and drilled the deflector screw out. Held the deflector with needle nose vice grips as I bent the deflector to be able to slip it out of the hole. Got the hid bulbs in and mounted them. Its about dark now so I’ll go see how they look and shine on the road.

I think they came out great! The light shines in front and not to the sides now they are driving lights. Lights up the road in the area the headlights don't reach and fills in the gap. Perfect! Mission accomplished. Would love to post pictures but the insert image icon doesnt post the pictures

I think they came out great! The light shines in front and not to the sides now they are driving lights. Lights up the road in the area the headlights don't reach and fills in the gap. Perfect! Mission accomplished. Would love to post pictures but the insert image icon doesnt post the pictures

You have to upload photo using advanced post then cooy the url of uploaded photo.

I assume you put HIDs in the previous gen CX-5. Which HID kit did you get? I assume it comes with ballasts?

2016 gt. I went with DDM. I got the 6500k but its alittle on the blueish side. They are supposed to be more white but its not to bad. Could always swich to leds if I want to. Its a kit. Comes with everything you need. All plug and play....

Back