I did it!!!

mel_vin

:
2017 Mazda CX5 GS (Touring)
So I pulled the trigger today on a '17 demo GS (touring)! Had only 12,000 Kms on it, negotiated in liners for the front, back and trunk, fog light install and hitch and harness <- no imediate need for this, but just wanted it there just in case lol. Got nearly $8K on my '13 2.0L CX5 with 140,000KM on it, so with 6 years @ 0% payment was $397, not bad eh?

Bye Bye 13 CX5, you've were a great ride!

asset.php

So I pulled the trigger today on a '17 demo GS (touring)! Had only 12,000 Kms on it, negotiated in liners for the front, back and trunk, fog light install and hitch and harness <- no imediate need for this, but just wanted it there just in case lol. Got nearly $8K on my '13 2.0L CX5 with 140,000KM on it, so with 6 years @ 0% payment was $397, not bad eh?

Bye Bye 13 CX5, you've were a great ride!

asset.php

Maybe I'm confused..
Your paying 36k CAD for it, (29k USD) including a $8000 reduction in price from the trade in.. so really it was $44k CAD ($35k USD)? Not sure about Canada, but here a 2017 AWD cx5 Grand Touring (loaded) is 38k CAD ($30.5k USD). Not sure if it's just a Canada pricing difference or you just got majorly fleeced with the allure of 0 APR. Looks like the going price for a new GT in Ontario is $36k CAD and a GS is about $3k less... (2cents) So you paid basically the new price of a gt for a used gs, but what happened to your $8k trade?

Last edited:
Yes, you are abit confused. lol :) Asking was 31,999 CANADIAN dollars, MINUS my 8K trade (so I paid 24K plus accessories). I basically saved freight and PDI (which is like $1500) plus got a hair under invoice price and discounts on the accessories that I wanted without having to go GT model. We are also taxed at 13% here. Yes I know 0% APR is really costing me $2500, but car loans are 5% ish here and my line of credit is 3.99% which would work out way more than $2500.

Getting 8K for my 13 GS with that ammount of KMs on it is very good (everywhere else was offering me 6K), and it was gonna need tires this summer and brakes. I usually buy my cars used, the 13 was a dealer shuttle which I bought year end 2013 and it had high KMs on it but got a killer deal on it. ($19K on road with trade). Sure I prol could have kept her and spend the $1500 or tires and breaks, but screw it, I turned 40! lol. I love the redesign and plan to keep this one for at least 10 years if she's good to me. This is my DD/fun car for me and the ol lady, the family car is a Santa Fe (which we bought used too).

Last edited:
I was torn about going with a 17 vs 2016.5 at first. Not a huge fan of the tablet setup and the loss of ground clearance but again I dont off road with it. The smaller trunk space is a bit of a bummer too, but the back seat room has improved which is great for the kids now that they are only in boosters now and a fair trade off IMO. But man, the drive is what sold me and the improved comfort, so much better than the pervious gen! And comming from the 2 Litre for the past 4 years, the 2.5 with better throttle response makes it so much more enjoyable. Glad I went with the 17. Just watch the diesel come out now :'( lol.

I come up with $397x72= $28584. How did you get $36k? Il

Sorry clicked your post instead of quote

Last edited by a moderator:
Another advantage of the 2017 is that the rear doors open wider than the previous model years so it will be easier moving child seats in and out and just general access too.

That 13% tax is really stiff. Our sales tax in my area of WA State is 10% now. It really hits you in big transactions like cars.

That 13% tax is really stiff. Our sales tax in my area of WA State is 10% now. It really hits you in big transactions like cars.

Oregon has 0% sales tax [there are a few minor local exceptions]. Just this year they tacked a 0.5% sales tax on cars.

But don't feel bad. They make up for it with sky high property and incomes taxes.

Oregon has 0% sales tax [there are a few minor local exceptions]. Just this year they tacked a 0.5% sales tax on cars.

But don't feel bad. They make up for it with sky high property and incomes taxes.

Yes you do have the state income tax there. Some of our “wise legislators “ would love to see both a sales and income tax in WA. So far the voters say nay.

I did have to pay several hundred for registration and license fees. It was only 20 years ago that it was $60. I paid close to $700 last fall. [emoji37]

Yes you do have the state income tax there. Some of our “wise legislators “ would love to see both a sales and income tax in WA. So far the voters say nay.

I did have to pay several hundred for registration and license fees. It was only 20 years ago that it was $60. I paid close to $700 last fall. [emoji37]

Registration + compulsory third party insurance is fairly expensive here too. Then on top of that there is comprehensive car insurance

Wow 0% tax would be fantastic, would have saved me like 4K! But yeah I agree tradding up was the smarter thing to do. The only other car I was considering was the RAV4, for the bigger cargo area I seem to think I need but cant figure out for what lol :) But its kinda fugly in the front, the shifter just looks weird and flimsy on the inside and not sure I could figure out what the engineers were after with that dash...Loved my'13 and glad to stay within the Mazda family.

Another advantage of the 2017 is that the rear doors open wider than the previous model years so it will be easier moving child seats in and out and just general access too.
Bah. More chances to ding the doors on stuff.

Back