contacts won't load from phone

If on the Mazda Connect system, check your Bluetooth settings to make certain that the load contacts option is checked.

Un-pair your phone, delete it from MZD connect then re-pair it and see how you go

Having this issue also. Mazda connect stopped importing my iPhone 7 contacts. Unpaired, deleted, and re-paired multiple times no luck. I have a ‘17 CX-5 purchased in July. Is it possible my software is out of date? Do I need to take it in to dealer to update if so?

Having this issue also. Mazda connect stopped importing my iPhone 7 contacts. Unpaired, deleted, and re-paired multiple times no luck. I have a ‘17 CX-5 purchased in July. Is it possible my software is out of date? Do I need to take it in to dealer to update if so?
You can update it yourself but I would get the dealer to do it. Does your phone have the latest iOS (uhm)

I just bought a 2018, the infotainment doesn't link up with iPhones as well as it does with Androids. It's pretty unfortunate, hopefully there will be another update to fix this soon. I have version 59.00.504 which I think is the latest in the US. With androids you can even speak to reply to texts, you can't with iPhones.

I have the same problem. Go to iPhone settings->Bluetooth->then find “Mazda” (or car that is connecting) and tap “i”. There is enable/disable “sync contacts”. That solve my problem with contacts.

Same problem here just started with my Galaxy S7 and 2018 Mazda 3. Unable to import contacts. Unknown error (Software Development team should be fired). Seems to have started with the latest Android 8.0.0 update

Does Mazda reply to these threads? Should I simply call and complain (for what's it likely not to be worth)?

Same problem here just started with my Galaxy S7 and 2018 Mazda 3. Unable to import contacts. Unknown error (Software Development team should be fired). Seems to have started with the latest Android 8.0.0 update

Does Mazda reply to these threads? Should I simply call and complain (for what's it likely not to be worth)?

I would call and complain. For what it's worth my S7 is on Android 8.0 and it imports the contacts fine using Vodafone. My head unit firmware is 70.00.100A EU without the AA/Carplay hardware.

Made an appointment to see the dealership but all of a sudden, the contacts are loading again after 10 days of " unknown error".

Had this issue with my 2016 CX-9 which had V59 connect loaded. I'm getting ready to install the hardware for the ACP/AA upgrade so I upgraded the firmware first to 70.00.100A. That took about 45min or so. The contact problems started after my I-phone IOS update to V 12.1.4. The connect firmware update to 70 100A fixed the contacts problem. I just received the hardware which I got for $148 delivered. I'll install the hardware soon. looks pretty easy for my CX-9. Only have to remove 2 panels and the display. The $400 to upgrade at the dealer just pissed me off seeing as we own a 2018 CX-5 for the wife and I have the 16 CX-9 after trading in my 2007 CX-9. My wife's CX-5 will be next. That hardware install is a bit harder. Not looking forward to it but at $800 cost for 2 Mazda's and only $296 doing it myself. Dealer service be damned! - Update - I have recently noticed that my contacts sometimes load and sometimes don't and as well my call history will not load at all. this is with the latest firmware version 70.00.100A. The Iphone IOS version 12 is what has screwed me up. My Wife I-phone has no problems and it is still on version 11. her CX-5 has older firmware loaded in it just now. version 59.

Last edited:
contacts wont load from phone

If I select People my contacts appear last name first - as in all my Google and iCloud lists - just as I want them.

However, when I select Phone all the contacts come up in First name first.....which is really annoying when I want to make a call.

Is there a way that I can make the appearance of contacts the same in both People and Phone?

I have no problems connecting my iPhone to the BT system, however, my entire contact list loads every time I start the car. Because it's my persoanl and work phone, I have a lot of contacts (1000+) so it takes forever to load every time I start the car. I see no way for it to store the contact list in the car itself and just maintain from there. Am I missing some setting maybe???

The problem started with the last two iOS updates for me. Tried dropping the phone from the car and the car from the phone. Also updated to the latest software, 70.00.xxx. My sons phone has an earlier version of iOS (pre 12.1) and his phone contacts load every time. Thinking of putting in the apple play system, but annoyed it doesnt support Bluetooth.

Back