2015 CX 5 GT glove compartment light

fpetrone

:
2015 CX-5, Grand Touring
Hi all, we just bought one used and love it. Opened the glove compartment last night and was shocked to find out theres no light. Even our 2010 Prius has a light in the glove compartment! How can this be?
Thanks in advance.

If it's any consolation, the 17 GT doesn't have one either.

I really don't get why Mazda seems to scrimp on simple amenities that nearly all other car manufactures have. The 2012 Jetta that I sold back to VW because of DieselGate not only had a glove box light, it even had a AC cooling port in the glove box to keep your candy bars from melting.

Thanks! I dont get it. I noticed last night that my older Prius has ambient lighting on both footwells. Makes me wonder if we shouldve gone with the Rav 4, but the styling was blah and everyone in the world has one.. Hope we made the right choice.

Thanks! I don’t get it. I noticed last night that my older Prius has ambient lighting on both footwells. Makes me wonder if we should’ve gone with the Rav 4, but the styling was blah and everyone in the world has one.. Hope we made the right choice.

It really depends what you want and need. I don't miss footwell or glovebox lighting - never had a need for either. I wish the center console was larger and the drink holders were at the front of the console, and the AC/Heat stack was higher on the dash. Nothing a show stopper to me though.

There is a lamp holder in near the glove box and I've always wondering if a harness couldn't be sourced from over seas and then it would just be plug and play for glove box light.

I really don't get why Mazda seems to scrimp on simple amenities that nearly all other car manufactures have. The 2012 Jetta that I sold back to VW because of DieselGate not only had a glove box light, it even had a AC cooling port in the glove box to keep your candy bars from melting.

Not true. Other regions have the light. In US - its now established: the managers are extremely stingy and save in little to nothing areas. As far as I know, the lamp itself can be installed but I don't know the part # to source it from.

Back