Has Anyone Considered the CX-9? | A Subaru Outback View

G

Guest2018

A take from the Subaru Outback crowd on what they think of the new Kodo design Mazda CX-9. This reply in particular to the question put forth by the OP, is what I found most interesting. In part, because of his final decision. But, I also found it interesting given the way the respondent approached his final decision. I won't give it away. You can read it for yourself here:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/4460242-post31.html

I noticed that as well. Very active and very supportive of Subaru Owners.

That is a great forum. I was active there a few years ago, and still check in on occasion. I’m a new CX9 owner, and was surprised there wasn’t a similar forum for CX9 folks. Seems a lot of activity for Mazda’s is on the Mazda3 forums. Still, I spent time reviewing this group before deciding a CX9 was th right purchase.

The Outback is a great car - possibly the most functional vehicle I’ve owned. And for tall guys, it’s very comfortable especially for off road and highway driving. But the Outback is not stylish (certainly not sexy) and I don’t generally find it “fun”to drive. But this CX9 has style to spare and drives fun - like it was a much smaller vehicle.

Well, in late spring/early summer there will be an Outback look alike SUV called the Ascent to compete with the CX-9. Doubt it will drive like the Mazda, but it appears to be more versatile.

Well, in late spring/early summer there will be an Outback look alike SUV called the Ascent to compete with the CX-9. Doubt it will drive like the Mazda, but it appears to be more versatile.

I saw the Ascent at the Philly Auto Show. I liked it better in person than I did in pix.

You guys should take a look at the BMW forums over at e90post :) the biggest dickheads youll ever come across.

You guys should take a look at the BMW forums over at e90post :) the biggest dickheads you’ll ever come across.

I have an F30, so I'm not on the E90 forums. I don't know if the E90 folks are any different than the F30 members, but frankly, it's not any different than I've seen on Lexus forums when I owned one, or Cadillac when I was cross-shopping an ATS.

I have an F30, so I'm not on the E90 forums. I don't know if the E90 folks are any different than the F30 members, but frankly, it's not any different than I've seen on Lexus forums when I owned one, or Cadillac when I was cross-shopping an ATS.

Lexus forums seemed pretty tame to me when I had one (shrug)

Back