Problem with bluetooth?

:
2018 CX-5 Touring AWD
I don't know what's going on. This is the second time this is happening. I just bought my 2018 AWD CX-5 Touring on January 3rd. For some reason the Bluetooth cannot play the music on my iPhone on my car. I tried the music that is in my phone (iTunes) and I tried Spotify and neither streamed. This is the second time this happens. The first time, I deleted the app on my phone, restarted, deactivated the connection between my phone and my car, reactivated it again, after doing all these things, it finally started streaming again. I havent done all these things yet but Im wondering, is this going to be happening a lot? Am I going to have to do this throughout the life of my car? Who should I be complaining to? Apple or Mazda? Anything you can contribute to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't know what's going on. This is the second time this is happening. I just bought my 2018 AWD CX-5 Touring on January 3rd. For some reason the Bluetooth cannot play the music on my iPhone on my car. I tried the music that is in my phone (iTunes) and I tried Spotify and neither streamed. This is the second time this happens. The first time, I deleted the app on my phone, restarted, deactivated the connection between my phone and my car, reactivated it again, after doing all these things, it finally started streaming again. I haven’t done all these things yet but I’m wondering, is this going to be happening a lot? Am I going to have to do this throughout the life of my car? Who should I be complaining to? Apple or Mazda? Anything you can contribute to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

It is hard to determine where the blame lies. But if you search online, you can search for <insert car here> and <insert phone here> and find similar posts. iOS and Android have enough updates and varieties to cause problems for even one car. Couple that with the volume of car BT options (globally there are things we never see in the USA) and the magnitude of the problem is huge. To many variables and no independent group to certify that everyone is adhering to the BT spec.

The only thing i can offer is to take a more methodical approach in troubleshooting. Next time, unpair the devices, reboot the phone and try again. If that works, then deleting the app is not necessary. If that fails, try it the other way around. If just deleting spotify fixes it, then you found the culprit. You can also try resetting Mazda connect.

Finally make sure Mazda connect is the latest version. If your iPhone was recently update, you may have to wait for another iPhone update or a Mazda connect update.

Are you saying that it worked for an extended period after you first "fixed" it? If so, can you think of ANYTHING that correlated with the second failure?

If you have another phone available, use that and see what happens. I realize it may not be convenient to use another phone, but it may be the easiest way to troubleshoot.

Are you saying that it worked for an extended period after you first "fixed" it? If so, can you think of ANYTHING that correlated with the second failure?

If you have another phone available, use that and see what happens. I realize it may not be convenient to use another phone, but it may be the easiest way to troubleshoot.
Yes, it did. I didn't do anything different that I can remember to cause this problem. I came home last night, listening to Spotify. This morning, I was leaving and nothing!! I don't know why this happened. I can see on the screen of my car that it is recognizing my phone, it says my name and all, but, for some reason, there is no playback.

Unfortunately, this is my only phone.

Under the Mazda Connect bluetooth settings, there are options for phone only and phone and music.
Have you confirmed that the Mazda Connect system is set for music as well as the phone connection?

Don't know if your phone has similar bluetooth options, but it's worthwhile to check.

Check the easy, obvious things first-- you never know. Is the volume up on the phone? Might you have lowered it, silenced it last night? Could it be on Do Not Disturb? Could you have paired your phone with another device last night? Does the phone say it's connected to Mazda? Have you tried to simply re-pair them?

I'm android, so I apologize if any of those terms don't correspond to the iphone.

iPhone iOS just had a update in the last couple of days. If your phone is set to auto update then it might be a iOS problem but as already suggested it might be the app or Spotify. Process of elimination.

Under the Mazda Connect bluetooth settings, there are options for phone only and phone and music.
Have you confirmed that the Mazda Connect system is set for music as well as the phone connection?

Don't know if your phone has similar bluetooth options, but it's worthwhile to check.
It must have been set that way (phone and music) because it was working last night. Again, I did nothing since last night and now it's not working. I'll check it when I go home. Thanks.

iPhone iOS just had a update in the last couple of days. If your phone is set to auto update then it might be a iOS problem but as already suggested it might be the app or Spotify. Process of elimination.
Yes, there was an update. My phone had already updated and was working/pairing with my car under the new update.

I carry my personal Android - Google Nexus 5X and the corporate iPhone 7 and have both registered as devices in the car. On a couple of occasions, the iPhone has been set as the primary device - music and calls. I have had to go back to settings to set the 5x as the one to do this. It may have something to do with which device asserts itself as available first.

IskiE

Sorry for being absent. I am pleased to inform you that this issue is fixed.

What did I do you ask?

NOTHING!

Well, that's not entirely true. This is what I did: after the car would not play my music I went to work and, when I came back, it was working. So, apparently, these new Mazdas have a device that remind you that you need to go to work. When you don't go, music stops streaming. What a great idea. Anyway, issue solved!

(On a more serious note, I did nothing. It fixed itself up. Thanks for all your suggestions.)

Back