Advice: 2010 5 Door w/ 15,000 Miles

ATTAKK

:
Mazda 3
A guy I work with is selling his elderly mothers car. 2010 5 door. GT trim. Automatic. Heres the kicker...15k original miles on the clock! Garage kept its whole life. Southern vehicle.
Hes asking $11k
KBB is +/- $1k
Should I jump on this?

Are you buying because it's low mileage, or because it's the car you are looking for? What I mean is, if you would prefer a manual, but the car is more appealing because of the odometer? Were you looking for a sedan or hatch? Don't buy it strictly for the low mileage unless it's what you want.

Are you buying because it's low mileage, or because it's the car you are looking for? What I mean is, if you would prefer a manual, but the car is more appealing because of the odometer? Were you looking for a sedan or hatch? Don't buy it strictly for the low mileage unless it's what you want.

Good advice!

I would prefer a proper manual, but do love a hatch otherwise. The low mileage is attractive, but I should be able to find a 3 at a price commensurate with its year/mileage any time. If it was a deal, Id be on it.

Car was probably made in 2009, so you are looking at a 9 year old car.

All that rubber, bushings, belts, hoses, are still 9 yrs old... Most likely it will need tires also...

IF the car was maintained correctly, (oil change every 6 months), you should have 15-17 oil change receipts... If you are only provided 2-3, then RUN AWAY!

Car was probably made in 2009, so you are looking at a 9 year old car.

All that rubber, bushings, belts, hoses, are still 9 yrs old... Most likely it will need tires also...

IF the car was maintained correctly, (oil change every 6 months), you should have 15-17 oil change receipts... If you are only provided 2-3, then RUN AWAY!

Another great point! I know its been dealer maintained, but am unsure of the service history.

Now if it were purchased in 2010, it may be okay to have had half that number of oil changes if the car were driven at least 10 miles every time it was taken out (more if driven in very cold weather). The time between oil changes is far more critical if the engine oil never had the chance to heat up adequately.
I wouldn't worry too much about hoses and belts, though. My 2008 MX5 has original rubber and it appears to be just fine.

Back