2017 CX5 Touring AWD

I dropped the lease deal and will just buy it outright. 0% APR for 60 months - $26k for the 2017 Touring AWD

Not 24,500? Regardless you've done yourself right..avoiding the low hanging fruit lease deal is almost always the answer if business write off isn't part of the equation..so congrats!

Last edited:
Pearl White Exterior

Anyone here with a 2016-2017 CX5 with the pearl white exterior and regret getting the white color?

I believe the soul red is the nicest color, and it is regarded as the "flagship" color of Mazda.

I got a white 2017 cx-5, had a white 2014 mazda3 sgt hatch prior. Don't regret white at all :D Red is nice but I much prefer the black and white theme.

Anyone here with a 2016-2017 CX5 with the pearl white exterior and regret getting the white color?

I believe the soul red is the nicest color, and it is regarded as the "flagship" color of Mazda.

Any colour requires regular washing so as to keep it in good condition and look good.

That said, there are certain colours that you can get away with washing less frequently than others for example Sonic Silver and Pearl White.

Machine Grey, Soul Red and a few other colours are susceptible to dirt and rain droplets showing more. Hence you need to wash more frequently.

I like all the colors, couldnt decide and got white 17. It looks much cleaner in winter compared to wifes crystal blue cx-3

No regrets buying white.

Any colour requires regular washing so as to keep it in good condition and look good.

That said, there are certain colours that you can get away with washing less frequently than others for example Sonic Silver and Pearl White.

Machine Grey, Soul Red and a few other colours are susceptible to dirt and rain droplets showing more. Hence you need to wash more frequently.

Or just let them look grungy most of the time and be wowed when it is clean.

Or just let them look grungy most of the time and be wowed when it is clean.

I have never been a fan of the grey CX-5's (meteor, machine, whatever) I've seen here in Colorado. They are almost always dirty.

I at least try to keep up with my black CX-5. Looks good clean, for sure, and most of the time you will see it in a clean state.

The reds I've seen tend to look pretty good, even dirty.

I don't know what it is about the grey, but it just looks extra bad when dirty, in my opinion of course.

The silvers tend to look fine even when dirty, but it's not a color I overly care for.

I like the whites, they are growing on me.

I went with the 2017 Touring AWD w/ Preferred Package - Pearl White
$29,135 MSRP
Agreed on $26,550 - 0%APR for 60 months
+TTL
I couldn't get the full rebates since I went the 0% APR route

Last edited:

Thanks. I live on a dirt road so white will be a lot easier to deal with than the soul red I had on my other CX5.

During the test drive, I noticed the 2017 is more refined in both driving on the road and interior vs my former 2016 CX5. It seemed more planted and luxury like, plus it was quieter at highway speeds.

Is it my imagination or because it's new? Did they improve it that much from 2016 to 2017?

Last edited:
Thanks. I live on a dirt road so white will be a lot easier to deal with than the soul red I had on my other CX5.

During the test drive, I noticed the 2017 is more refined in both driving on the road and interior vs my former 2016 CX5. It seemed more planted and luxury like, plus it was quieter at highway speeds.

Congrats. I didn’t compare model years but driving seemed very easy and and it drives like it’s on rails. The biggest pleasure is on long trips. Even after 350 miles I felt pretty good. The CX5 is a excellent highway cruiser which is what I was looking for. The wife and I love to drive all over the west.

16s suck on highway. Poor gas mileage (even after hypermiling) and any sidewinds are not tolerated. Having said that 16s rock on mpg overall.

Is it my imagination or because it's new? Did they improve it that much from 2016 to 2017?

Should be but silver would have been my slam dunk choice for ease of use..
I would say yes mostly in those areas you highlighted..highway ride, noise and stability have been significantly improved..however to me it feels less sporty/connected to a degree, steering overboosted at lower speeds, throttle overboosted also..but I assume one can adapt to those changes with some time...but its clearly better as a hwy cruiser than gen1 though no debate there.

It seems to be a natural evolution for carmakers to first design and build certain cars with good handling and sportiness but consumer demand softer rides and more comforts. These take away from the vehicle’s original intent but end up selling better. Now I think Mazda is following this cycle but only to a point. They still want to stay true with their heritage but some purists will disagree anyway. Look at BMW. Many say they have lost their way as they went mainstream. It’s a evolution, some good and some not so good.

Back