2017 CX5 Touring AWD

Yup. You're disqualified if you put on more than 15k/yr. Sorry.

It all depends upon where you live. When we leased our CRV in Massachusetts even though we live in Maine, the lowest mileage lease they could offer was 12k miles per year. They also had 15k, 18k, and possibly even 20k year limit available. We had no interest in anything that high so I didn't pay too much attention when the higher numbers came up... but higher limits are indeed out there.

It all depends upon where you live. When we leased our CRV in Massachusetts even though we live in Maine, the lowest mileage lease they could offer was 12k miles per year. They also had 15k, 18k, and possibly even 20k year limit available. We had no interest in anything that high so I didn't pay too much attention when the higher numbers came up... but higher limits are indeed out there.

I put about 25k a year on my car when I lived 2mi from the closest facility I worked at. Now I live 26mi.

it can go as high as 24k

I'd still find myself maxed out 3/4 of the way through the year. The Mazda dealership was appalled at the mileage I put on the car. NOT a good sign for it, IMO. I'm just going to keep this one until repairs amortized over 1 year > Carnote.

Undecided - Need Help

Here are my choices to buy:

A - 2017 CX5 AWD Touring - Pearl white with Preferred Package (Bose 10 speaker, Moonroof, power liftgate, etc) $29,135 MSRP for $26,000
B - 2017 CX5 AWD Touring - Soul red with no other packages $28,750 MSRP for $24,800

I am having a tough time choosing. I like the soul red but I would prefer the package option. I never owned a "white" vehicle before. White usually doesn't show the curves on a vehicle that well.

Any advice?

Last edited:
Go with the lesser $ red CX-5 and impress your friends and family with your colour choice.

IskiE

Factory order a SR car with the equipment you want. What's 6-8 weeks when you're potentially going to spend years with the vehicle?

Factory order a SR car with the equipment you want. What's 6-8 weeks when you're potentially going to spend years with the vehicle?

I don't want to get a 2018 due to the higher $$ and cylinder deactivation. No more 2017's being produced, just what is on the lots.

Just a personal observation. I usually don’t prefer white vehicles but I admit the CX5 looks very sharp in white. The snowflake white pearl is a subtle small flake metallic with a pearl component. The matte black trim suits it well. Some might say it has a stormtrooper look and that may very well be true. If you put a nice coat of a good sealant or coating on it it will have a decent glow which normally does not happen with white.

I would stop by a Mazda dealer and look at it.

The red is no slouch either but again my personal opinion, the extras like the power lift gate and the rest override the color.

Both are really nice colors. That red really pops while they white exudes subtle elegance. The red ones almost seem to glow when I drive by the dealer. I don't really use my moonroofs anymore. So to me it would come down to deciding if the extra cost is worth it for the stereo and other knicknacks.

I have white gt. You should get red (boom08)

I had a soul red color which I liked, it was a bit hard to keep clean, when clean it was gorgeous.

How much better is the Bose 10 speaker system vs the stock 6 speak system?

The monroof is not that important to me but the liftgate seems like a nice option.

I have the 17 touring with pep. Machine gray. I like the white, it would have been my second choice of color if i did not like the gray. I like the upgrades of the pep package. I do not really like the stock wheels that came on the car. Same with the white, i will most likely be swapping out wheels this spring for black. Some people think the black wheel look is aged, i like it and the low maintenance that comes with it. And if you crb rash or they get scratched, easy to touch up with paint.

I went with gray as i think gray is the new black. White with black wherls looks great too.

Here are my choices to buy:

A - 2017 CX5 AWD Touring - Pearl white with Preferred Package (Bose 10 speaker, Moonroof, power liftgate, etc) $29,135 MSRP for $26,000
B - 2017 CX5 AWD Touring - Soul red with no other packages $28,750 MSRP for $24,800

I am having a tough time choosing. I like the soul red but I would prefer the package option. I never owned a "white" vehicle before. White usually doesn't show the curves on a vehicle that well.

Any advice?

Use hindsight now and get the one with the package so you don't say later on "I wish I bought the 2017 CX5 AWD Touring - Pearl white with Preferred Package (Bose 10 speaker, Moonroof, power liftgate, etc)"

The MSRP on the vehicle is $28,750. Dealer is offering it for $24,500

Unless you can write this off for business how is 350x36+1000(down pmt)+1000 (guessing at acq and disp fees)=14600+ttl for 3yrs max 45k on a 24.5k sell price(rounds to 60%) ever a good deal for anyone ever in this universe? Help me understand please! Btw I'm not bashing that lease deal in particular its probably pretty competitive, but nearly all leases that aren't written off. You may notice a leased car in my sig ..loaded 45k x1 (had a few k miles on it)...249/mo 0 down 1200 in acq+disp fees 36mo 30k miles...enough as its a 2nd vehicle and as smokin of a deal as it seemed it still adds up and when you're all done you got no equity so guess what you go again, and again..nope vicious, sneaky expensive cycle built for the rich, and marketed quite often and effectively to ppl who can least afford the luxury of a new car every 3 years but are sucked in like pet hair to the Dyson via little to 0 down and an affordable monthly.

Last edited:
Unless you can write this off for business how is 350x36+1000(down pmt)+1000 (guessing at acq and disp fees)=14600+ttl for 3yrs max 45k on a 24.5k sell price(rounds to 60%) ever a good deal for anyone ever in this universe?

I dropped the lease deal and will just buy it outright. 0% APR for 60 months - $26k for the 2017 Touring AWD

Do you have any idea what the lease penalty for doubling the mileage is?!

Depends..how much you got? Suffice it to say a shitload..but how do you mean disqualified? You lease a a car lets say this car for 350/mo with a 15k/yr max. Your situation changes and your commute doubles you return with 90k..for starters the .15/mi x 45k=6750+tax plus the initial 14600+tax = 21,350+ttl or roughly 87% of the new sell price of the vehicle. There would likely be (pretty hefty) other excess use/wear whatever fees even if your return is not a shitshow..so Uno ill write you 3yr 90k 87% leases on 25k-30k vehicles all day and night long to save you from dumping you hard earned $ into those dastardly depreciating assets as you're clearly more comfortable with the word lease..bottom line $ is $ and leasing is a fools errand (in most non-writeoff situations) at least from an overall value stdpt. Dings, scratches, tires under 4/32s, etc all extra. 1st thing i did was buy a square 18" wt pkg for less than it would have been to replace 255/40-19 summer performance run flats..and rears probably twice! Last thing Ill do right before slapping 19s back on is replace the windshield that picked up a quarter size spider crack. I have glass coverage but still its a pain, tires, worrying about dings, parking etc. Nothing like the freedom of owning imo..bonus its cheaper, very much so if you keep past the 3-4yr mark.

Last edited:
Back