PCB I need front brake manual info please

:
2003 protege 5
I took my brake apart ,it was stuck became super hot, hope didn't warp something, but suspect piston ring problem ,not sure if rust or bad seal.Would like the manual if possible. Thanks Alex P.S. Hope you are well, see your name everywhere here.

maybe I can ask a question about the rubber piston ring is there a right way and wrong way to install it ,is there an inside and outside way of installing it ???? Also is there a good lubricant I can use all the ones I have tried seem to gum up on me ,not sure if its the lube or if its getting contaminated ,it seems to go hard on me. Ive never had so much trouble with brakes as this car ,can anyone identify with me .

Last edited:
I've never actually rebuilt a caliper. I did take apart a rear one from my parts car to see what makes it tick.

The book shows a Specialty Shop Tool to remove the piston seal but it just looks like a dental pick.
The seal sits in a groove in the caliper bore,... It's not attached to the piston.
Make sure you use rubber grease.

Somebody posted a grease he had good luck with... It lasts much longer but I forget what it's called... "silglide" rings a bell ??

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123863018-Rear-caliper-dissection&highlight=

I took my brake apart ,it was stuck became super hot, hope didn't warp something, but suspect piston ring problem ,..

That's usually caused by the guide pins drying up and getting sticky although the piston can rust up and seize as well.

Back